Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2023/24. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
I’ve just booked via Indigo. A very painful process. I’m assuming, which I know is dangerous, but Lac 3 is still 2.25m? The website says 1.9m which is the same as the others but unless they’ve lowered the roof that’s wrong. It’s always been the higher car park for T6 type vans or SUVs with roof boxes.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

It’s always been the higher car park for T6 type vans or SUVs with roof boxes.

And a few of the local private ambulances.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As at the end of last season Lac 3 was indeed still 2.25m @RobH2017, but once I'm in Tignes (hoping late November) I will do a "Tour des Parkings" and check all of them, updating where necessary. Lavachet has the most headroom of all the covered car parks at 2.65m but a friend told me last year that apparently some floors/areas within it are lower than this, which I will look into...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bobski62, Lavachet has decent headroom. But it also also has some very tight corners onto the ramps that link the different levels. It goes quite a way underground.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The latest reply from Marion (the person in the parking office answering emails) suggested it might be easier phoning, so I tried. Five times. Each time the message “nos chargées clientelle sont actuellement en communication” runs for five minutes then the line is cut. Given that more and more car parks are 'épuisée' I've simply booked a space in Lac 2 and emailed back asking Marion if perhaps she can change it manually from Lac 2 to Golf. Else, I will have to get used to the bus journey I suppose.

It's all rather bizarre, especially as last year I heard of a few seasonaires who wanted a space in a Lac car park but Indigo would only offer them Golf.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Might be a dusting up on the GM Friday plus possibly something more substantial next week. Certainly some colder temps it seems
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How did people get parking for €435? Parking is showing up at €636 for Golf!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Extremophile, via the owners’ scheme.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski lots wrote:
@Extremophile, via the owners’ scheme.

I had my membership validated by both the owners scheme and indigo, if i click on the owners scheme it says to go to indigo, it also says season parking sold out on the owners scheme, but if i go to indigo it says owners parking is available at €636…
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Extremophile, is that for all the car parks? We booked into the Golf as soon as we could. There is a separate section there reserved for seasonaires so it is possible that has been fully subscribed.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski lots wrote:
@Extremophile, is that for all the car parks? We booked into the Golf as soon as we could. There is a separate section there reserved for seasonaires so it is possible that has been fully subscribed.

Yes, all the car parks, €636 for all those which have not sold out. I must have missed the memo that said there wasnt enough availability for the amount of people who book season parking. We usually park in the abonnements underneath golf.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Extremophile, as I recall the original emails prior to spaces being released did suggest there would be limited availability when they were released. I think there has always been a limit on how many owners and other concession places are available.
I think new for this year is the fact that access is all being done by ANPR.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski lots wrote:
@Extremophile, as I recall the original emails prior to spaces being released did suggest there would be limited availability when they were released. I think there has always been a limit on how many owners and other concession places are available.

Yep, defo missed that… Sigh.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh well, paid up now. Next year i will have to be quick off the mark!! FFS.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bobski62, THANKS FOR YOUR INFO! Very Happy It has greatly helped me book parking in Tignes for the PSB2023.
latest report
@Extremophile, To rub salt into the wound I've just clicked on the link that Indigo Neo sent when the 'product became availabl', there are still props places in Golf and Borsat at E435 - perhaps an e mail to the office?
snow report
@chocksaway, yes please, en email to the office would be great, from anyone who is not getting the parking they need and for those who feel hard done by: P730508@group-indigo.com is direct to the parking office in Lac-3 and they respond every morning but the reply always insists that there's nothing wrong. In summary, for @Ski lots, @Extremophile, and anyone else affected, here are the links for season parking according to whether you are a professional / ordinary proprietor / scheme proprietor / seasonaire / resident.

https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/371
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/372
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/373
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/374
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/375

You will see that each offer has different prices and different availability (be sure to click the 'Voir Plus' button at the end of the initial list, to see the full list). "Ce produit est épuisé" means it used to be available but has run out. "Cette offre est indisponible à cette date" means it was never available in the first place.

Several gripes: for seasonaire, resident, none of the V-C car parks are available. But the office won't believe me or anyone else I know who has complained; another gripe is that for some (eg Lac 2 as a seasonaire) the spaces have run out, but if you are a resident they are still available. There are many other instances like this.

You can't simply use a different link as you have to have been pre-verified as a professional / proprietor / seasonaire / resident so only the link associated with your verified status will actually allow you to complete the transaction.

In short, it's all the usual Indino-go mess; I would use stronger language but the forum will doubtless prevent me - Fédération Française de Ski indeed, @Extremophile.

I have, at this point, given up and have booked a space in Lac-2. Hoping that on arrival I may be able to swap it for Golf but if that fails I'll have to do battle with the Zen app (hoping that's not outsourced to Indigo) to time my arrival at the bus stop when I want to retrieve the car.

Quote:

@Ski lots, they were using ANPR already last year on all the covered car parks, they just kept a bit more quiet about it and provided a plastic card as a backup for season parking and a digi code for tourist parking. Both handy for when your plate is covered in snow and ice from the blizzards outside or you have a rental car.

And finally, you're most welcome @crosbie!
latest report
bobski62 wrote:
@chocksaway, yes please, en email to the office would be great, from anyone who is not getting the parking they need and for those who feel hard done by: P730508@group-indigo.com is direct to the parking office in Lac-3 and they respond every morning but the reply always insists that there's nothing wrong. In summary, for @Ski lots, @Extremophile, and anyone else affected, here are the links for season parking according to whether you are a professional / ordinary proprietor / scheme proprietor / seasonaire / resident.

https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/371
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/372
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/373
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/374
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/events/375

You will see that each offer has different prices and different availability (be sure to click the 'Voir Plus' button at the end of the initial list, to see the full list). "Ce produit est épuisé" means it used to be available but has run out. "Cette offre est indisponible à cette date" means it was never available in the first place.

Several gripes: for seasonaire, resident, none of the V-C car parks are available. But the office won't believe me or anyone else I know who has complained; another gripe is that for some (eg Lac 2 as a seasonaire) the spaces have run out, but if you are a resident they are still available. There are many other instances like this.

You can't simply use a different link as you have to have been pre-verified as a professional / proprietor / seasonaire / resident so only the link associated with your verified status will actually allow you to complete the transaction.

In short, it's all the usual Indino-go mess; I would use stronger language but the forum will doubtless prevent me - Fédération Française de Ski indeed, @Extremophile.

I have, at this point, given up and have booked a space in Lac-2. Hoping that on arrival I may be able to swap it for Golf but if that fails I'll have to do battle with the Zen app (hoping that's not outsourced to Indigo) to time my arrival at the bus stop when I want to retrieve the car.

Quote:

@Ski lots, they were using ANPR already last year on all the covered car parks, they just kept a bit more quiet about it and provided a plastic card as a backup for season parking and a digi code for tourist parking. Both handy for when your plate is covered in snow and ice from the blizzards outside or you have a rental car.

And finally, you're most welcome @crosbie!

Thank you Bobski. I think this is where it went wrong. I did subscribe to the owner partners scheme which is still showing as €435 but the regular owners is €636 so something obvs went wrong when i was signing up to Indigo. Thank you for the email address and all the links.
ski holidays
bobski62 wrote:
As at the end of last season Lac 3 was indeed still 2.25m @RobH2017, but once I'm in Tignes (hoping late November) I will do a "Tour des Parkings" and check all of them, updating where necessary. Lavachet has the most headroom of all the covered car parks at 2.65m but a friend told me last year that apparently some floors/areas within it are lower than this, which I will look into...

Thanks. I raised it with Indigo and after some back and forward with them insisting it was 1.9m I won my point and they admitted it was 2.25m. Not an issue for regulars who know the height but for someone on their first visit with an SUV with boxes etc it will cause problems.
ski holidays
Oh my word, @RobH2017, sounds like you made them get off their chair in the office to go look outside at the sign!

Another update just added to the main post on page 1, as follows:

Bourg St Maurice

Do you really, really have to keep your car in Tignes the whole time? A mate has just bought parking for the whole of January for 53€ in a covered car park in Bourg (Alpins). Add in the 12€ each way for the bus after dropping off and then to pick up again and it's still a bargain compared to keeping it - and not using it - in Tignes for that length of time.

https://www.sags.fr/parking-bourg-saint-maurice/bourg-saint-maurice-p3-alpins.html

Be aware that free parking in Bourg is pretty limited and tends to be just outside the town limits, plus you won't get much opportunity to clear snow off the car regularly. Best stick to controlled covered car parks. There is a free car-sharing car park in Seez (with a bus stop, from memory) but I don't know if extended stays are allowed.

* SEE UPDATE FURTHER DOWN THIS PAGE WITH LINKS THAT LOOK LIKE THEY MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 24-10-23 12:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Mark1863, Yep, snowing up the 'Motte this morning.
ski holidays
@bobski62, Parking in Bourg? That's an interesting thought. Had a quick look at the link and unless I've misunderstood it, 59 euros buys you a weeks covered parking? Also 1.80 mtr headroom may be problematic for a few snowheads (like me).
ski holidays
@GeorgeVII, check under the "Abonnements" tab as there you get the whole month for 53€

However, if you try to buy the website then goes off into the usual rubbish that doesn't actually work. I'll find out if there are other ways to purchase.
ski holidays
@bobski62, so i had to cancel my reservation and re register to the owners programme on Indigo, once validated i was able to purchase parking for €435, and the original €636 is being refunded to my account. Thanks again for your help with the links, info, and email address. Saved me €200, feel like i should get you a beer.
snow conditions
To an outsider this thread makes it look like Tignes has 300km of parking infrastructure and maybe a little bit of skiing as an afterthought Toofy Grin
ski holidays
GeorgeVII wrote:
@Mark1863, Yep, snowing up the 'Motte this morning.

Looking pretty miserable up there on the cams. Looks like we are into a colder period for the next week and more (bar Mon and Tues coming). Several small falls seem likely. Some suggestion of something more substantial this time next week. As I am out 2nd Dec its what you want to see up there.
latest report
@bobski62, Thanks for that. We're fortunate enough to get the use of an underground garage with our rented apartment. Just a short walk away. Costs extra but worth it for the flexibilty that it gives us.
snow report
@denfinella, Since parking was contracted out it has become an absolute fiasco. Not helped by the huge land grab by ClubMed which swallowed up so many parking spaces. Many of the comments and queries are from/by long term/long stayers and residents who are trying to get their ducks in a row for the upcoming Season. If you're paying an arm and a leg for parking it eases the pain somewhat if your vehicle is accessible and not parked a couple of miles from where you reside.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any experiences here of staying in Tignes 1800? I understand it's known as the 'quietest' of the Tignes villages, but just how quiet?
latest report
@NBH, I've stayed in the Kalinda and at an AirBnB in 1800. The Kalinda apartments are new-ish, larger and better quality than most French rabbit-hutches (Maeva/P&V), well equipped and ski in/ski out.

There are a couple of bars on the snow front at the top of the nursury slope and double-tunnel lift, a bakery, two ski hire shops and a small-ish supermarket. That's about it. If you want night life then you'll need to get the bus up to Le Lac/Val Claret. I don't remember any restaurants in 1800, but the gondola down to Brevieres does run till late, and there are several very good ones down there.

The run back from Tignes Le Lac (rhododendron) is basically a long winding road cut into the side of the mountain which can be icy, is steep in places, and often moguled up if it's warm. You can get the Boisses gondola back down if you're fed up with it. There is a bus service from the top end of 1800 up to Le Lac which runs early till late, and is quicker than going up the gondola and skiing down into Le Lac, and probably easier for beginners unless you're a red run skiier or better. (Bluets moguls up badly, and petit col is uphill in places)

The only lift out of there is Boisses, which takes you to Aguille Rouge. If either lift has "a technical" then you'll be getting the bus up to Le Lac. You should also be aware that 1800/Boisses/Brev often don't open their lifts until the week before Christmas, which means that in early/mid December you might have to get the bus up to Le Lac before you can put your skis on, and you won't be able to ski back.

Would I stay there? Yes, love the area. But you do need to pick and choose when.
snow report
@GeorgeVII, sure, absolutely understand that. Does sound like a bit of a nightmare!
ski holidays
@Judwin, amazing, thanks for the feedback -very helpful!
ski holidays
Owners scheme season lift pass will be €832, but not available to purchase just yet.
latest report
I log in after a few months off and I find three pages on Tignes and Tignes-Val d’I (formerly Espace Killy). Clearly I’ve a lot of catching up to do.

On the Kalinda apartments point - we stayed there the season it opened. Was excellent as my daughter was fresh to skis, except for the run back from Le Lac which took almost 2 hours when we first went down there after three days on skis. Big mistake. Get the gondola down until you can ski reasonably well. There was a good shop round the corner though. Food and drink at 1800 was fine.
latest report
The security hamster thing won’t let me post in Snowbuddy for some reason. So here will have to do. I’ll be in Tignes solo the week before the End Of Season Bash (April 7 to 13). If anyone wants to join one of the off piste clinics or share a guide or even just have someone to ski with please shout out. I also do end of day beer.
snow report
@sbooker, try again if you'd like it in both places - your original post came from an iPhone, which helpfully decided that the humble apostrophe in "I'll be" wasn't good enough and substituted it for an extended character which triggered a security rule. I've tweaked the rule a little to avoid this.

If it still doesn't work, turn of Smart Punctuation in your device settings and try again.

:ham:
ski holidays
@security_hamster, worked this time.
Thanks
snow conditions
The GM looking glorious this morning. https://en.tignes.net/webcams
ski holidays
Looks like it's proper snowing up there today @Mark1863...

An update to the earlier post about parking in Bourg Saint Maurice. When testing the link, try as I might, I could not get the SAGS web pages to work. If you chose a stay for more than a couple of weeks it would cough saying "only stays under 30 days are allowed" - or words to that effect.

Checked back with the mate who bought his month pass, and not only was it cheaper than I thought (46€) he succeeded in buying it direct from the Les Arcs website. So here are two links that look like they might actually work:

https://www.lesarcs.com/parkings/abonnements (for monthly / season / annual passes)
https://www.lesarcs.com/parkings/parkings-reservation (for shorter stays)

Have updated the main post on Page 1 with these.

Another friend is continuing the panto with Marion at the Lac-3 parking office. They've done the "oh yes they are" / "oh no they're not" about seventeen times now, regarding availability of any Val Claret car parks to seasonaires or residents. Owing to the time that has passed, this leaves ALL parking either "épuisé" or "indisponible" for seasonaires. For residents, Chartreux and Digue are now épuisé, the rest still available / unavailable as before.

Digue car park was a snip at 70€ for the season so understandable that it's all gone. It nestles in the trough that lies between Lavachet Wall and the dike (digue) that protects the Lavachet buildings and road. What could possibly go wrong...
ski holidays
[quote="bobski62"]Looks like it's proper snowing up there today @Mark1863...

Indeed!

Itchy feet. Not long to go now. Thurs night into Fri may bring another top-up. Further out, there may be something more substantial - but as we all know unless its imminent these significant falls tend to be figments of the forecasters imagination.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy