Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2023/24

Poster: A snowHead
@swskier, The bike track up to the Pfitscherjoch from the Schlegeis is probably a bit much for a gravel bike. I use a hardtail MTB with front suspension and I still end up carrying up and down some sections. If you have a summer lift pass there is a great gravel road from the top of the Rosenalmbahn in Zell am Ziller to Gerlos via the Kreuzwiesenalm which would probably work better.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry for a non-snow related question but this seems to be the best place to ask it.

What is the best place to hire skis n boots etc in Zell. I'm staying in a hotel in the centre and considering hiring at the base of the lift station -Skiverleih Arena. Is it a good hire shop. Idea being that we can have a few beers straight off the lift, drop skis and walk back as I believe the buses stop as the lifts stop?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wednesday this week is a Bank Holiday, and I could be in store for an epic day up at Hintertux.....

Screenshot-20231030-083721-bergfex-Weather
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gaz_H, there is a large Intersport at the bottom the right hand lift (looking at the mountain) and one or two shops opposite. All work for beers after. If you are not planning to ski any other areas then getting lockers would make sense too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, forecast for this week for Europe in general looks great. Really interested to see how it plays out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@8611, can't be any worse than the 1 run I did yesterday Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Matrix wrote:
@Gaz_H, there is a large Intersport at the bottom the right hand lift (looking at the mountain) and one or two shops opposite. All work for beers after. If you are not planning to ski any other areas then getting lockers would make sense too.

Cheers, thx
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
swskier wrote:
Wednesday this week is a Bank Holiday, and I could be in store for an epic day up at Hintertux.....

Screenshot-20231030-083721-bergfex-Weather

I rather think it may be a day of epic queuing (I hope not for your sake but I'm not taking the risk of a 160km drive) , Stubai only has one blue open and Kitzsteinhorn isn't open until this weekend so everyone East of Innsbruck who wants to ski is likely to be heading there.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 30-10-23 21:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chris_n, Sölden is open also.

Agree though, likely big queues, i'm holding my fingers crossed that they'll open the Kaserer t-bars, they certainly seemed to be prepping the cat track back round to the Lärmstange chair when I skied past on Sunday.

For the risk I wouldn't do your drive either, but for me being in the valley anyway, it's well worth heading up.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just seen on Insta they're opening the Kaserer 1 T bar on Wednesday! Perfect, that'll help spread people out some more.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
swskier wrote:
@Chris_n, Sölden is open also.

Agree though, likely big queues, i'm holding my fingers crossed that they'll open the Kaserer t-bars, they certainly seemed to be prepping the cat track back round to the Lärmstange chair when I skied past on Sunday.

For the risk I wouldn't do your drive either, but for me being in the valley anyway, it's well worth heading up.

As far as Sölden goes you may notice I have edited my post as my compass wasn't functioning Toofy Grin, I meant to say anyone an distance East of Innsbruck will head to Hintertux. I agree it will be a game changer if they can get the additional 3 lifts open, we will have to see how much snow comes down between now and then. I do usually head up there a couple of times before the season starts but not on feiertags or weekends.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Chris_n, if I had the choice, i'd not be up there on Feiertags or weekends either, but unfortunately the Mon-Fri is funding it, and the reason I have the visa Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hintertux reporting 30cm this morning.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow level outside my window is noticeably lower on Gerlosstein, Ahorn etc.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like the Zillertal Arena has had quite a bit of snow this morning.....
snow conditions
@Gaz_H, about that much....

20231031-164219
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
@Gaz_H, about that much....

20231031-164219

mmmmmmmmm............... not what its showing on the Livecams???! Isskogel & Krimml @1900 quite a bit
snow conditions
@Gaz_H, my picture probably doesn't do it justice, there looked to be a decent amount up there.
snow report
@swskier, have a good day. Don't end up in a crevasse like the Italian snowboarder last weekend, maybe a little too early to be venturing off the pistes just yet.
snow conditions
@Chris_n, the missus noticed a story about that. No idea why they'd have been bothering to head off piste last week, nowhere near enough snow up there yet!
snow report
Stubai opening more terrain tomorrow so maybe takes the pressure off Hintertux. Looks like there could be a lot more snow up there towards the weekend. If the weather breaks during next week I may be tempted. snowHead
snow report
It's looking good from my bedroom window

20231101-074406
snow conditions
And from the webcams. Snow down to the first lift up from valley (almost looks skiable) and powder turns being put in up above on the webcam.
latest report
Great up there. Wind picked up a bit through out the day, so there's still some icy patches where the snow has blown off.

The Kaserer 1 t-bar is only open from halfway, but they had a piste basher up there all day messing around with the snow below so i'd expect all the runs and the 2nd t-bar to open up shortly, there's plenty of snow up there.

It was busy up there, but not manically. I was able to practise some carving drills skiers right of the kaserer t-bar including massive J turns across the piste with no issue at all. Wasn't too busy over that side.

All in all, a great day, and definitely better than the day job! Laughing
ski holidays
Is this up the Hintertux?
snow report
@jafa, yes
snow conditions
40cm of fresh snow up at Hintertux this morning. I saw on Instagram there was a good 4-6" just in the car park. Bit of carnage on the roads up there too I believe.

Tried to get winter tyres swapped on to our van, but no chance before next Tuesday, all the garages are rammed, so probably have to take the bus up there tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/hintertuxergletscher/
ski holidays
@swskier, Might be better to wait for the wind to die down and the sun to come out Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
munich_irish wrote:
@swskier, Might be better to wait for the wind to die down and the sun to come out Smile

That's my plan snowHead
snow report
@munich_irish, mate coming down from Rosenheim, so it is what it is weather wise for us. Looks like some sun in the morning.

It was pretty windy on Wednesday too, but if you skied over by the Kaserer t-bar it wasn't so affected. We'll just see how it goes.

Sunday looks great though, so i'll be up again then.
snow report
Absolutely lovely conditions above Hochkrimml today. About 70-80cm of fresh fluffy pow. Others certainly enjoyed it as well, think I saw more than 10 doing laps and across the valley there was also a few groups.
latest report
Legendarry wrote:
Absolutely lovely conditions above Hochkrimml today. About 70-80cm of fresh fluffy pow. Others certainly enjoyed it as well, think I saw more than 10 doing laps and across the valley there was also a few groups.

We're you on touring skis? Do you live locally to Hoch Krimmel?
I'll be in Mittersill for alot of the winter and would love to find someone to ski with af tines.
ski holidays
Good to see Hintertux getting a topup.

Was in a bad state in Oct.
ski holidays
It was like winter up there today. Wind closed play early afternoon though.

20231104-092418
latest report
Wow!
ski holidays
@swskier, fantastic, does like a lot like midwinter! Very Happy
ski holidays
No sign of the fernerhaus webcam yet. Must be getting close to opening now. I can see they have moved a bit of snow around on the run down to Sommerberg
latest report
@Matrix, Run down to Sommerberg on Wednesday was very much not close to being able to open, but it looked better yesterday. Probably not quite there, but the temps this week are staying lowish, so moving some snow round, and possibly making some and they could probably get it open.

They opened up the run below the mid point of Kaserer 1 t-bar in the afternoon yesterday, which then takes the cat track round to the Lärmstange chair, which means you can lap the chair rather than having to take the t-bar back up. I'd imagine they'll open the 2nd t-bar Kaserer 2 soon, and all the runs over there. There's plenty of snow, loads of people were skiing off-piste what would normally be the runs.
ski holidays
Hopefully wind will drop away completely overnight, heading up there tomorrow. My mate is picking me up at 6am so we'll be fighting the racers for first lifts up.
latest report
@Chris_n, enjoy, i'll be in the office Crying or Very sad

Those racer kids are something else, experienced some absolute tw*ts from an Italian race club yesterday on the lift down from Tuxer Fernerhaus.

Not sure if they're entitled a-holes, or just general a-holes!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy