Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2023/24

Poster: A snowHead
@munich_irish, hadn't realised anything was going on. Looks like they're racing along the Inntal today?

It's certainly not a day to be out on the bike, my phone is telling me it's about 6 degrees out there and it's currently raining.

Loads of snow forecast up the glacier this week! I have Friday off work, so i'll go and sample the powder. View it as my service to you all. Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swskier wrote:
@munich_irish, hadn't realised anything was going on. Looks like they're racing along the Inntal today?

It's certainly not a day to be out on the bike, my phone is telling me it's about 6 degrees out there and it's currently raining.

Loads of snow forecast up the glacier this week! I have Friday off work, so i'll go and sample the powder. View it as my service to you all. Laughing

They went past your office wink
https://res.cloudinary.com/tota2k22/images/f_auto,q_auto/v1708598125/2024-02-22_TOTA24_STAGE3_DETAILED_MAP/2024-02-22_TOTA24_STAGE3_DETAILED_MAP.png?_i=AA
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chris_n, yes, and i'm in my home office today Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fantastic conditions up at the glacier yesterday. Cold and lots of fresh snow. Pistes were understandably soft due to the fresh snow, but you couldn't not enjoy it up there yesterday! Wind picked up later in to the day and snow started coming in also. It was like a proper winters day up there.

20240419-102104
20240419-102541

Lots of IASI and BASI exams going on up there, which made for some good fun après.

Snowing all day today, so i've not bothered going up as visibility will be bad, and there's nowhere up there to escape that!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, say Hi to Tom Waddington for me, he is e amining this week.
Assuming you know him I hope you will be sponsoring him for his transatlantic solo row which his is starting in June!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rungsp, I have no idea who he is (beyond seeing him appear on Insta sporadically) as i'm in the IASI system not BASI.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had a visit to Hintertux yesterday, more people skiing and boarding off piste than on. There were so few people that even at the end of the day a lot of the off piste was far from tracked out.
On piste the snow was soft (as in semi packed powder soft not wet and hot soft) nearly everywhere apart from where they were still making snow! Just about wall to wall sunshine apart from a small snow flurry round about lunchtime.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Chris_n, there's a BASI mountain safety course on the go up there this week, and mate of mine is on it. So that'll explain some of the off pisters.

We're hoping there'll still be enough snow at car park level in Hochfuegen on Sunday, and plan to tour up the pistes with the dog, assuming our travel home goes fine tonight/tomorrow from the UK.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier, lots of locals up there too, loads of KU, KB and SZ plates in the car park. There was also a bus load of Dutch snowboarders. Saw a few BASI groups mainly alternating between short and long turns on the Olperer T Bar.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JimboS wrote:
Ok we did see Fran at about 10 but didn't explain who we were as we weren't sure. Also felt a bit daft saying are you married to swskier. Embarassed if it wasn't the right person.

Just after then, things took a turn for the worse. Kim was coming down the steep slope just above the Schneekar Hut and caught at edge as she was slowly making her way down. As she went down, her left arm was caught in the snow, and fractured at the shoulder, the left leg then extended and she did some ligament damage to he left knee. Evacuated off the hill to a clinic in Ramsau, £800 later she was discharged and told to get another scan when she gets home.

We are now booked on the Tuesday flight from Munich to Edinburgh, £500 and another £400 for the taxi.

Bummer!

Good result from Admiral travel insurance, they paid out in full today, medical costs, repatriation costs, and 5/7th of the total Holliday costs, plus 5.5/6th for my lift ticket.

We did get a late bill from the ambulance company (who were useless) for the trip from the Horberg Bahn to the clinic in Ramsau, 380 Euro but the NHS have said that they will take care of that.

As for Kim, it's slow progress, just started physio last week and back for more x-rays this week.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get well soon for Kim
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@JimboS, a good result, and best wishes to Kim.

Wow at the cost of the ambulance. I drove there most days in our van during the winter, if i'd known that's what they were charging, i'd have parked in the ambulance spot and offered journeys to Ramsau (or Mayrhofen, buyers choice!) for €200 a go Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Over 50km open in Hintertux (and Stubai for that matter) on the 1st May. Bodes pretty well for late Spring / early Summer skiing?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@8611, I nipped up there briefly yesterday morning as we had the day off work in Austria and the snow was decent. I actually didn't ski long at all as we had plans with friends, but i'll be up there again on Sunday for my final ski of the season Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bach home for the Summer or does your pass run out?
snow report
@8611, pass ends on May 15th, and we're away in Italy next weekend, so this will be me done for the season.
ski holidays
You've had your fill Wink. Us mere mortals have to get on a plane to get in a few turns.
snow report
@8611, i'll be at 72 outings come Sunday, I guess that'll do Laughing

In terms of actual skiing time (hours), I probably skied more last season, despite living in the UK, but i've had more skiing outings this season.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy