Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2023/24 Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@ElzP, yeah would be great to see the line choices laid out on the piste - that being said Adrian Sejersted (DNF) also had found a unique line before crashing out!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Storming run for Billy. Can Laurie make it 3 from 3?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Billy Major! Equal time with Dave Ryding.

What a run

Look forward to second run
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fingers crossed we have 3 brits in second run

Laurie Taylor @ 2.4 seconds
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great time for Billy Major in the first run as others have said. Also noteworthy is the number of DNFs on the very icy tricky course.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't think we'll ever see Kristoffersen going out first on both runs ever again

What a first set of runs great viewing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why are Eurosport so reluctant to show a British skier sat in the hotseat?

Not once did they show Laurie Taylor but we got to see Kristoffersen with his baby plus a couple of shirtless tubbies with a wine bottle FFS
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Whitegoldsbrother, there was only one shot of Laurie Taylor sitting in the red seat from what i could see Puzzled Puzzled

am sure it will be shown on ski Sunday later today.

i follow his YouTube channel, so i would bet it will be deservedly all over that, currently outstripping his previous PB finish of 26, may even be a top 20

fingers crossed for the other 2 brits in the 2nd run
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah must have been fleeting cos I never saw it. Didn't show Dave Ryding much either apart from when he was dethroned.

They couldn't show enough of Daniel Yule on the first run though
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That slalom was ludicrous fun, better than downhill as a punter. Well done Dave! The last 10 runs were intense!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There were a couple of extremely excited ladies who made an impression on Eurosport. Snowheads perchance?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@motyl, going to have to watch to see if it was us - but suspect we were too civilised for the cameras..m Blush
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ElzP, i think I might have recognised you though it’s been a few years Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ElzP, based on your pics above it wasn't you!
latest report
Following Team GB success in the slalom yesterday, another Team GB athlete, Zak Carrick-Smith has just won Gold in the Youth Winter Olympics Combined event.

Zak Carrick-Smith makes history for Great Britain in men's alpine combined
snow report
@rob@rar, excellent, great result by Zak Carrick Smith! Very Happy
ski holidays
Anyone able to point me in the direction of FIS event dates for December 2024 or are they not published yet ?
I googled but could not seem to find it.

Planning a week 15/12 in Dolomites and would prefer not to clash with any events.
Think Alta Badia typically has one around this time (down the gran Risa to La Villa ?).
snow report
@sheffskibod, the calendar usually doesn't change. First event in Oct, Hintertux. Then up to Finland next is Zermatt... If the weather gods ever allow this to take place.
I thought Alta Badia was much later on in the season.
snow report
@sheffskibod, https://www.saslong.org/en/
snow conditions
Rogerdodger wrote:
@sheffskibod, the calendar usually doesn't change. First event in Oct, Hintertux. Then up to Finland next is Zermatt... If the weather gods ever allow this to take place.
I thought Alta Badia was much later on in the season.

Sölden*
ski holidays
Just noticed that this year’s Schladming Nightrace is being held tomorrow (Weds 24th). I recollect it normally being staged on the Tuesday after Kitzbuhel.
snow report
Austrian Seagull wrote:
Just noticed that this year’s Schladming Nightrace is being held tomorrow (Weds 24th). I recollect it normally being staged on the Tuesday after Kitzbuhel.

Yep, it's a new timetable this year. For years it was a slalom only event on the Tues night after Kitzbuhel. This year they've added the g/s for Tues night and moved the slalom to Wed night. Looks like they're milking the Schladming event.
snow report
Wow, Odermatt. A huge mistake in his GS first run, so a second behind Feller, yet he destroys the field in his second to win.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 23-01-24 21:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
davidthornton wrote:
Austrian Seagull wrote:

Yep, it's a new timetable this year. For years it was a slalom only event on the Tues night after Kitzbuhel. This year they've added the g/s for Tues night and moved the slalom to Wed night. Looks like they're milking the Schladming event.

Eurosport showed a caption showing quite a few Schladming GS’s races over the years.
ski holidays
Snow&skifan wrote:
Wow, Odermatt. A huge mistake in his GS first run, so a second behind Feller, yet he destroys the field in his second to win.

Yep, incredible run of form in GS, unreal.
snow report
Can you imagine what it's like knowing that you're one of the world's best at something, but regularly getting beaten by one or two people? I thought this often when Hirscher and Kristofferson were going at it, or when Shiffrin and Vlhova trounce the whole field.
Then you get a day where that person has slipped up, well off the pace in the first run....and they still beat you Laughing
snow report
I don't know what they feed him for breakfast but we need some of that.

Not sure he believed he was going to pull it off watching his reaction to each of the last 10 coming down!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Back in last April I saw Odermatt up in Engelberg. Looking at him you just wouldn't think he'd be so incredible on the racing circuit. He's not that big, not that muscly (relatively) but he's an incredible skier.
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
Back in last April I saw Odermatt up in Engelberg. Looking at him you just wouldn't think he'd be so incredible on the racing circuit. He's not that big, not that muscly (relatively) but he's an incredible skier.

I think that is why he is one or two tenths off the pace at Downhill.

But what a race last night, gutted for Feller! Really looking forward to the Slalom tonight. Come on Dave, Billy and Laurie! (Plus Feller Smile
snow conditions
I'd love to know just how icy that piste was last night, or whether the lighting/cameras made it look worse than it was?
ski holidays
Great race last night, but where was the crowd? Apart from the main stands looked very sparse io the sides. When you look back to the Hirscher days it was always rammed. Maybe the weather or just z sign if economic times?
snow report
@Markymark29, probably the weather, it looked to be tipping it down.
snow conditions
@swskier, I saw a picture on facebook before the race and it looked like a mirror it was so icey. That plus rain... Shocked
snow report
@Markymark29, Also, Austrian ski team is in the doldrums.
snow conditions
Big faller there!
latest report
Nasty crash by Mikaela Shiffrin. Sad
snow conditions
Carnage at the moment! Sad
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Nasty crash by Mikaela Shiffrin. Sad

She looked pretty tangled up when she hit the nets.
snow conditions
This is proving a pretty un-fun to watch.....

Nobody enjoys watching racers injury themselves
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy