Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2023/24 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
@ecureuil, thanks for that.
We accepted the reality of the situation and went for a perfectly pleasant walk down to Meribel (from Mottaret).
Will watch the ice hockey tonight and pray for better weather tomorrow
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bergmeister wrote:
No lifts open in VT today Sad .

Update: Later they opened Peclet Gondola and Cascades Chair. We had time for 1 run (from Cascades Chair) in a blizzard and hurricane before our bus to Geneva airport.

400 metres vertical, on great snow in a whiteout. Surprisingly enjoyable and we were pleased we made rhe effort Very Happy .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bergmeister, the things they do to avoid a payout for all lifts shut Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski wrote:
@Bergmeister, the things they do to avoid a payout for all lifts shut Wink

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just arrived in LM. We got passes and they said they were expecting wind tomorrow so might not be many lifts open.

It's pretty wet, gonna need to wait and see how it plays out. I'm on crutches so I'm stuck in the apartment anyway. Was hoping for some sun on the balcony though. Last few Easters have been amazing, this is looking a bit more dreich. Forecast showing snow but also rain. Fingers crossed we get at least a few good days.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@sean508 There is a public bus service linking Moutier, Meribel, La Tania and the Courchevel stations. The service only operates on Monday to Fridays. Buses run from Courchevel 1850 to Meribel at 09.15, 13.00, 15.05, 17.20 and 19.15* (* reservation necessary 48 hrs in advance) and from Meribel to Courchevel 1850 at 12.10, 14.15 and 16.35. The fare is €4 one way.
See https://vente.cars-region-savoie.fr/Reservation
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Meteoblue have downgraded the wind a bit during lift operating hours tomorrow to a level where the lower lifts should definitely be operating but perhaps not the links, or at least not advised to crossover.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@B., End of the week looks sunny and warm. 18c forecast in valley.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike S wrote:
@sean508 There is a public bus service linking Moutier, Meribel, La Tania and the Courchevel stations. The service only operates on Monday to Fridays. Buses run from Courchevel 1850 to Meribel at 09.15, 13.00, 15.05, 17.20 and 19.15* (* reservation necessary 48 hrs in advance) and from Meribel to Courchevel 1850 at 12.10, 14.15 and 16.35. The fare is €4 one way.

I think Altibus runs daily, so their website may be worth a look.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bergmeister As far as I am aware, Altibus do not have a direct service between Meribel and Courchevel. You would have to go via Moutier and change buses.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Glosterwolf, 16 at 1400m Friday in Meribel if Meteoblue is correct, story of the season!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,
In the end, not too bad day in Courchevel, especially after 12...I would think for tomorrow is Courchevel again the safest bet..
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Morning! & Happy Easter Eh oh!
Anyone in VT?
Arrived Friday with the kids & MrSirCharles but chilled out yesterday due to weather and celebrating MrSirCharles Birthday!
Lookingv less windy today
Wondering where to take the kids to find their ski legs away from the nursery slopes which I imagine will be busy…. Ski school starts Monday so a day en famille!

Not bad little skiers. When they remember what they are doing they can both do reds and older one Blacks.

Recommended chairs / runs appreciated please!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SirCharles wrote:
Morning! & Happy Easter Eh oh!
Anyone in VT?
Arrived Friday with the kids & MrSirCharles but chilled out yesterday due to weather and celebrating MrSirCharles Birthday!
Lookingv less windy today
Wondering where to take the kids to find their ski legs away from the nursery slopes which I imagine will be busy…. Ski school starts Monday so a day en famille!

Not bad little skiers. When they remember what they are doing they can both do reds and older one Blacks.

Recommended chairs / runs appreciated please!

As long as they’re relatively competent and confident on blues then I would start with Moraine + Genepi (wide and forgiving / off the Moraine bubble)) and then a blast down Tete Ronde (off the Pecklet bubble). Perhaps you could test this by taking them up the 2 Lacs chair, turning left at the top to ski down to the Moraine bottom station (you can always head down to the centre if you feel they might not be ready for anything longer / higher). Depending on how they get on I would also explore the lovely Boismint and Plan de L’Eau sectors.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike S wrote:
Good to know. Does it take skiers & skis?
latest report
@ecureuil I'm afraid that I don't know for sure but believe that it does.
latest report
Hi All.
Is today "discounted" price for skipass like yesterday???? €35??

m.
latest report
@MontyMM, yes it is.
snow report
What's the deal if you have a 6 day pass? Is there any kind of rebate or is it just a case of better luck next time?

They got literally one tun today then had to hike back up when they shut the lifts.
snow conditions
MontyMM wrote:
Hi All.
Is today "discounted" price for skipass like yesterday???? €35??

m.

Strolling past ticket office around 11AM, popped in & asked- €20 each.

Back to the appartment, all togged up & on the slopes sharpish.
Only did Cascades- none of us fancied the wind at the top of Peclet.
Pionners closed after the 2nd run & wind was getting worse, so called it.

They won't give a rebate for anyone that bought at higher rates unfortunately Confused
snow report
Should have been our first ski day in VT but have binned it off - have an appt overlooking the main slopes that are open and not sure how much 'fun' is being had. Looks like hard work at the best of times. All due to significant wind.

Went out for a nice Easter lunch and nearly got blown over at one point, it's that strong. Should die out within 24 hours thankfully.

Only consolation is that our six day family pass cost the same as 5 x single day passes so don't feel so robbed.
snow report
@kettonskimum, wise move
ski holidays
We were stuck in St Martin skiing Pramint and Pelozet. Wind crazy at the top. Younger kids couldn’t make it down top of Gros Tougne at points as the wind was too strong and they were too light Laughing I could only move in a tuck! Had a good late lunch at Corbeleys and then they shut the chair up. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. France météo looks more positive!
latest report
We had managed a grand total of 5runs today in VT. Very strong gusts coming down from Peclet, to the point where we just stopped until the wind died down again. Lots of queuing! Hoping for some good skiing over the next few days with fresh snow tonight (as long as it's not all blown off!).
snow conditions
Also took advantage of the Eur20 deal. In the end did quite a few runs but lots of lift queues and vey busy pistes with the whole of VTon about 5 pistes.
snow conditions
Fingers legs skis poles crossed for tomorrow
snow report
I’m in Meribel for week from 6th … not sure what to expect … looks grim on low south side but think it will be pretty good up top.
Let me know if anyone else looking for ski buddies as I’m a lawn.
latest report
PBJ wrote:
... it will be pretty good up top. Let me know if anyone else looking for ski buddies as I’m a lawn.
There aren't any green slopes / lawns up top! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thinking of coming out on the 6th for a week. What's it like?
I stay on piste so the likely lack of off piste doesn't worry me. I also tend to pack in by about 2:30-3 to avoid the slush.

As a benchmark - what's the Truite run from Mottaret into Meribel like?

Is the snow up high good?

Appreciate any insights.
snow conditions
We had an excellent morning. We could hear torrential rain on the roof last night, and woke to a wet “dusting” of snow first thing. Up above St M1 the off piste conditions were surprisingly good and the sun came out. Depth of new snow varied from about 10-12cm lower down to about 20-25cm higher up. It was a bit windscoured in places, but basically the Saharan dust had been covered up. We did a couple of laps off piste from the top of St M express down the Jerusalem side, then headed over to Teppes. The cloud came over and it snowed again for about half an hour (so well timed for a coffee stop). We then managed 2 laps off piste under Granges chair, and then another from the top of Teppes. This was all particularly gratifying as this is the first proper off piste morning since I broke my arm back in December. Very Happy .
ski holidays
First day in Val Thorens.

First couple of hours up high at the top of Peclet and Moraine were great after the snow yesterday. The winds had gone by the time I was up at around 8am. Was sunny for the first bit of the morning.

Heavy snow came in pretty quick at midday and there was no visibility and flat light for a few hours.

Went back out at around 3 30 when it cleared a bit. Was slushy snow down to the Boismint chairlift below Val T village. But the pistes off this were great - and no one on them.

Last runs of the day were just before 5pm (lift closure). Took the Peclet gondola again up to 3000m and the slopes were still all in great condition down to Val T village (flat light came in quick again).

Basically stay high and you’ll have a great time.
ski holidays
Perty wrote:
We had an excellent morning. We could hear torrential rain on the roof last night, and woke to a wet “dusting” of snow first thing. Up above St M1 the off piste conditions were surprisingly good and the sun came out. Depth of new snow varied from about 10-12cm lower down to about 20-25cm higher up. It was a bit windscoured in places, but basically the Saharan dust had been covered up. We did a couple of laps off piste from the top of St M express down the Jerusalem side, then headed over to Teppes. The cloud came over and it snowed again for about half an hour (so well timed for a coffee stop). We then managed 2 laps off piste under Granges chair, and then another from the top of Teppes. This was all particularly gratifying as this is the first proper off piste morning since I broke my arm back in December. Very Happy .

Good to hear of your off piste comeback! Very Happy
snow conditions
@ecureuil, Not looking to grass ski … I’m just on my own for the week from 6 April so anyone else want to meet and ski ?
I’m comfortable skiing most stuff on or off piste Eh oh!
ski holidays
Heading out to VT for the week on Saturday and whilst it is April skiing how likely are the forecast temps going to be?

Looking at warmer than 10 degrees at resort level at the start of the week. I assume we should be more concerned about rain than the temps given there is a bit in the forecast too.

Not too worried about snow levels because there’s loads but right now is it odds on that we’ll be skiing slush morning to night in T-shirts?
snow conditions
@munter, forecasts usually good 24--48 hours ahead, anything outside of that they can fluctuate, however it does look like there is a warming spell coming up. Clear spells up high may allow freezing overnight..

Assuming this is roughly correct (but highly likely to change), then I suspect you'll be getting rained on at resort level on Wed, but it's got a really low predictability so all will change no doubt!!

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/14-days/val-thorens_france_6544556
latest report
Had a fab day in VT today - very much my sort of weather/snow having had lots of days of low vis/winds/snow. To be fair, the weather at the start of the week really knocked my confidence to the point that I felt like giving up skiing. Today, I got my mojo back.

On that point, we have blasted around VT and Orelle but have a 3 Valleys pass. Any opinion on whether it's worth the effort venturing to Les Menzies or Courchevel at all? Not sure of conditions.....and I prefer softer to hard packed.

I'm wondering if I have the curse of the 3 Valleys......learnt to ski here over 3 separate weeks/years and each time bought a 3V pass that never was needed as stayed in VT. Starting to feel that way again......
ski holidays
Mont Valon is MUST
latest report
@kettonskimum, Get across to Courchevel and up to Signal. Can be done from VT all on blue runs but there are some reds on the way back.
snow report
kettonskimum,

I agree with MontyMM. Do not miss the views off the back of Mont Vallon (from the top of the gondola). They are beyond stunning!

There are 2 ways down from there (both red pistes). The right hand run (as you look up the mountain) is the easier of the 2 (not steep at all, though it has a 100m narrow section) and is (surprisingly) the quieter of the 2 runs.

Also, I endorse halfhand's recommendation to ski to Courchevel and back. You can actually return entirely on blues & greens. The skiing at the "far end of the lift map" is beautiful. Long, wide, blue runs and always very quiet Very Happy . It's a great area of the 3Vs.

Also, do not miss the trip to the top of La Masse at Les Menuires. It has a fantastic viewing platform and stunning views, with lovely blue runs back to base.

I'm happy to provide a detailed route to Courchevel and back if you need it.
snow report
@Bergmeister, Ooh, yes please on the Courchevel route as that will be tomorrow. We're skiing most of Saturday too so could maybe pick up La Masse then?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy