Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bipartite Patella

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, just wondering if people know much about skiing with a bipartite patella? According to the clinician it’s something I will have had since birth, but I only found out after injuring my knee playing football this summer and it showed up on the MRI.

No damage to the ACL or Meniscus thankfully, but still some sensitivity almost 3 months later, and I won’t be going skiing until February next year.

So does anyone have experience of skiing after this sort of injury?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Alexltfc,Hi, and welcome to snowHeads snowHead
No personal experience, but have you skied at all before? - if so I think you have answered your own question as you will have had the defect then.
I suspect that if you have any problems with that knee in February it will be more likely associated with the injury you had in the summer (any specific diagnosis?)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alexltfc,
Bipartite patella is where the patella ( kneecap) appears on imaging to be in two parts.
Invariably the "separated" section is at the top and outside.
It has traditionally been thought that it occurs during growth when the two parts fail
to fuse, leaving them joined by gristle.
they are mostly totally assymptomatic ie they don't hurt but a knock or heavy training load can make the two parts
move and then it becomes painful.

I personally think they also look like an un- united stress fracture as when fracture fail to heal properly they end up joined by gristle.

It is perfectly safe to ignore them however if they are sore that can be difficult.

If they remain painful i just remove the small part that hasn't joined up and you will be back playing sports and skiing within a couple of months.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan Bell
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy