Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fit after Fifty, Sucks to be Sixty

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Get into yoga, take a brisk walk most days (doesn’t have to be long at all), cut back on carbs, don’t eat after dinner time. Perhaps some low impact H.I.T. for example cycling up a steep hill in sections.

That’s my achievable perspective.

Work to not be overweight, it changes so much.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow&skifan wrote:
Don’t eat after dinner time.

Crikey, I would be starving by 4pm if I didn't eat after dinnertime snowHead snowHead

https://livexp.com/blog/meal-times-and-titles-in-the-uk-that-may-confuse/?utm_source=blog-en&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=%2Fblog%2Fmeal-times-and-titles-in-the-uk-that-may-confuse%2F
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kiteman69 wrote:
Snow&skifan wrote:
Don’t eat after dinner time.

Crikey, I would be starving by 4pm if I didn't eat after dinnertime snowHead snowHead

https://livexp.com/blog/meal-times-and-titles-in-the-uk-that-may-confuse/?utm_source=blog-en&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=%2Fblog%2Fmeal-times-and-titles-in-the-uk-that-may-confuse%2F

I've always been aware of the dinner/lunch, tea/dinner, north/south divide but I'd never considered that at school dinner ladies served me lunch and my mate from Manchester had a packed lunch at dinnertime but never drank tea at teatime.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret wrote:
I did a similar study on Alpine skiing on decay of performance in GS skiing to offer up an appropriate Handicap in the EuroTest.

BASI under the old regime voted against the proposal at the ISIA..

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/x93wuni9a2sikjmx2tmlj/Eurotest-Age-Allowance-27Mar2015-copy.pdf?rlkey=flkdym8hk7apvf1oeyvlfl7rb&dl=0

Your suggestions seem eminently sensible. If BASI has changed (I don't know much about it) would it not be worth resubmitting them?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@greengriff, It was a lot of work to compile but to be honest post Brexit it would be pointless to resubmit...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've passed a number of cross country skiers this morning, quite elderly, looking in superb shape. That's one way to go!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a limit to all things of course, but one way to combat age related decline is to improve your skills base. I'm a better skier now than I was 10 years ago, and a much better skier than I was 20+ years ago. I ski faster, steeper and deeper than I did in the 'flush of youth', and I think I enjoy skiing more than I did back in the day (although my failing memory makes that difficult to determine wink ).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, but you're still young, @rob@rar
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We both walk quite a lot as we have a dog - I think we are keener than she is some days.
When we were in Ste Foy last week we did feel on a quick look around that we were probably the oldest bods skiing - 74 and 78.
Funniest thing was on our last day OH was found to be skiing on a child’s pass. The lift office had taken his photo, checked passport etc and given him a (free) season pass; at the second lift up the liftie with her laptop was puzzled as there was a photo of a young boy. And not any young boy, her nephew. Don’t worry she said, have a nice day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy