Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg

Poster: A snowHead
Fingers crossed, the first big snow of the season is arriving this weekend.

Will keep you updated

https://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/berg/

The Flek will be opening this weekend for the two days over the weekend, then totally on the 1st December.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fingers crossed indeed! Thanks for the promise of updates - we're going to be in Kitzbuhel for most of January and I'm already webcam watching which is daft but irresistible... Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don’t!!

We had a fair amount last week when the Maeirl etc were actually making snow

But over the w/e it was warm and heavy rain so the valleys currently green again

But fingers crossed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off to Kirchberg for the first time on 13th January, so will be watching this thread with interest
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its white frost all over this morning in the valley, just as expected.

We are now forecast having over a foot of snow even down here in the valley over the next four days. So this day of blue skies may be the last for a week at least Very Happy Very Happy

Fingers crossed that it will arrive as expected. The long term forecast is also minus temps so unlike the last couple of weeks when the snow fall hasnt survived, its definetly looking more promising.

https://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/prognose/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
done a quick calc yesterday
Could do a pre xmas trip for £400 each. She said no Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah well tell her you’ve saved £400 on the trip Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm watching the cameras too, we head out on the 7th of January, plenty of time but I like just looking at it getting whiter and whiter. I'm hoping that there is enough snow when we get there to have the routes open.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now look at the web cams Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Right on cue it’s hammering down

Also went and got my Salzburger Super ski pass as we open up on the Flek tomorrow
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fantastic! snowHead Enjoy tomorrow - do feel free to make us envious with photographs...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would but I’ve forgotten how to do it again
Not posted any for years

Off to the football in Salzburg tomorrow so will be Sunday when I make it up

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 24-11-23 17:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah! I love your mountains.
I havn't been there for years and I'm missing it sooo much!
Rock on Sonnenbuhel!
I think this is quite early .. its all about sparks coming from the edges.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We're going for just shy of a week from 16th so eagerly watching the webcams which are looking good today Very Happy

Anyone got recommendations for ski hire and storage near the Hannenkahm lift? Also for ski schools, there seem to be lots. Looking for a few hours for a couple of days for me and kids.

Thanks!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
By Hannenkamm I’m assuming you are staying in Kitz itself

Will u have a car?

If so I can certainly recommend Sport Andi at the bottom of the Flek and there’s a good ski school right next door where an English friend works ( been here 30+ years)

We live here now but when we used to come out for a visit we left our skis in the car the whole week , there’s no security risk

Also there’s free parking at the Flek
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jafa, out of interest why you choose the salzburg card over the tirol card?
snow report
@jafa, yep will have a car but small to mid sized hire car so not sure skis would fit in plus would rather leave them as close to possible to the lift rather than schlepp them (almost certainly including my daughter's!) from our accommodation

I shall have a look at Sport Andi and the ski school, ta.
snow report
Nothing to do with the weather , but hey this is Snowheads Very Happy , any recommendations for mid range accommodation in March for 3/4 night is Kirchberg, will be driving over from Saalbach to take full advantage of my SuperSkiCArd.
latest report
Mother hucker wrote:
@jafa, out of interest why you choose the salzburg card over the tirol card?

Simply because most of my ski buddies live st johann direction so they also ski Saalbach which isn’t on the Tirol card
Also the salzburger card gives me the ski welte which is also handy being based in Kirchberg
snow conditions
So the expected big dump has arrived

But unfortunately problems with the volume of snow and electrical issues my liftie friend informs me for the time being only Hahnenkamm and the short piste down to Walde are running

He’s sitting in the boothe twiddling his thumbs
snow conditions
The webcams are certainly looking good. Was surprised it was still saying only 55cm at the top given snow yesterday. Looks lovely either way.

Any suggestions on pistes for getting the ski legs going again?
latest report
Spent the morning up the Kitzbüheler Horn this morning

First thing ( I hadn’t been for a while) car parking charges apply

But if you scan your ski pass on the way out it’s still free to park

The Alpenhuse is now table service ( has been for the last three years she said)

Shame really as it was always easy to have just self service

The first run was horrible very flat light
But as soon as the sun tried to break through a different story

Conditions were excellent but the bottom half of the piste down to the valley was closed

With more snow forecast later this week hopefully that will change
snow report
Forecast is looking very rainy middle mountain and below the next few days, hoping not too much gets washed away. Out there Saturday.
snow report
@Rowlski, yesterday was seriously wet, so much so that I gave up at 2pm because my gloves were wet through and freezing.

Today the pistes were in good shape in the Skiwelt, a little sugary lower down but pretty good overall. If anything the rain has consolidated the pistes, and today it was 2 hours of light snow above 1500m and then 15 minutes of rain down to valley level.
snow report
Glad hear it @ousekjarr! Looks like there was more rain today but I was pleasantly surprised to still see the webcams showing white still even in the valley with a couple of good days of low snow ... then we arrive and it gets warm but at least then it looks to be dry.

Also looking at Bergfex and Wetter.at it looks like there might be a temp inversion, showing valley cooler than up the mountain! Obviously could change a bit yet. Looking forward to it either way snowHead
ski holidays
Going to Kirchberg 20th Jan

Looking forward to trying out the replacement lifts Trattenbach and Gauxjoch.
ski holidays
Opening tomorrow for the first time

The snow in the valley is slowly disappearing but the conditions up top are still excellent
ski holidays
Lots of fresh snow both overnight and throughout today in the Skiwelt, turning to rain below about 900m. Lower pistes were sugary but still holding up pretty well, while the peaks had about 15-20cm of fresh at 9am and it has been coming down hard for most of the day since then.
snow conditions
Looks promising! Any suggestions for warm up pistes to get the ski legs back?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thinking of coming over from the Zillertal end of Jan to watch some of the raceing. Looks like a quick direct train from Jenbach. What's the best option, get off at Kirchberg and ski over? If I came for the slalom, is it possible to ski to piste side to watch some of the action? Or do you need to be down in the town in Kitzbühel?
snow report
Do u want to get a ticket?

If so the trains are free and get off at Kitzbuhel Hahnenkamm

If you don’t want a ticket get off at Kirchberg and either get the ski bus to flekenbahn or the Maeirl and ski across and watch it from the Mausefslle or ski further down and watch it at the various points on route

Though you will miss the majority of the race as it’s easier watching from the bottom of the hill where they have big screens
snow conditions
@jafa, I haven't really thought about it too much really, I'll check out tickets at some point.

Cost of travel isn't a problem as I have the Klimaticket paid for by work so it'll cost me nothing either way.
snow conditions
@swskier, I found training days more interesting than the actual racing days. When they are training there are not so many people about allowing you to get closer to the race piste at key points. If possible for the best experience do both.
snow report
Just to say that if anyone is about on the Friday or Saturday of race weekend and fancies a ski/beers, my husband and I will be out and about. We have tickets on Saturday for the general area (we also have posh tickets for the Sunday as it's his birthday which is fun, won't be skiing that day Laughing ).
snow conditions
Went up on the North side of the Horn this morning ( St Johann ski area)

Please to report snow excellent and trees covered in snow so also looks wintery

The forecast beginning of the week looks sunny with temps higher than what we would like but cooling again leading up to the Xmas weekend
ski holidays
Had a half day in Steinplatte today, which was a good trip out. Gondola up and down, but then a mix of wide open gentle blues and steep reds between rock formations (the area advertises itself as Triassic Park - https://www.triassicpark.at/en/ ) which are pretty spectacular. The views across to the Kitzbühelhorn and the back side of Wilder Kaiser are also notable. There are also a couple of black runs, one of which is long and fairly challenging in places.

The area also has the attraction of spanning three lands - Tirol, Salzburg, and Bavaria. About a third of the ski area is in Germany, and while there's no physical border as such, there is a ticket gate on each of the crossing runs because the German side offers a local area pass which isn't valid on the Austrian side, so there is a feeling of crossing.

It helps that it was mainly sunny, and conditions were good on top. The valley run on the German side was closed today, and some of the slopes on that side had a few small holes in them which were a little unexpected.

For anyone with a Superski pass and a car who is looking for a day trip, I'd recommend it.
ski holidays
I like the Steinplatte on occasion
snow conditions
Hi all, not the weather but... anyone have a recommendation for a transfer company Salzburg/Kitz (have two friends coming to visit in Jan and they don't fancy public transport)

Also, any recommendations for sunny restaurant/bar terraces, assuming any sun! I'd assumed those on the Kirchberg side might be best?

Thanks!
ski holidays
Andi’s Taxi do shared shuttle services
ski holidays
The restaurant at bottom of Ochsalm for the end of the day
Barenbadkogel for mid day fantastic ribs

Nice one on the left just before the chair on Pengelstein 2 but you tend to have to wait for a table there

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 4-01-24 16:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Fab, thanks both, much appreciated!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy