Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
Thought I’d start a thread on Ischgl resort/snow conditions as I couldn’t see one started already….?

Arrived last night after an almost 2 hour wait sat on the plane at Manchester waiting for the weather to improve at Innsbruck Airport (fog) but in the end was diverted to Salzburg instead. Luckily I was using public transport to get to Ischgl so I just had to make a tweak to the plan.

Didn’t go out for long this morning as I felt rather unwell but the snow is great, plenty of new snow on and off the piste. The majority of lifts were open, quite cold today and visibility ok really considering it was snowing.

Had dinner in the Kiwi Bar last night, that was nice and a bit quieter than the other places I tried. Chicken wings and chips.

Lovely to hear the singing in the church as I walked by afterwards, they have a beautiful nativity display adjacent to the church as always.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frequented the Kiwi daily when we were staying in the Jagerhof, great little bar.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you think next week warmth is going to be problematic?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
djr86 wrote:
Do you think next week warmth is going to be problematic?

No
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Funny place Ischgl...

Like Lech crossed with Solden but the worst of both worlds.

Not sure why the Zangerl's ever allowed the Burger King and the strip clubs.

Money talks I suppose.

I went a few times but never again.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27 wrote:
Funny place Ischgl...

Like Lech crossed with Solden but the worst of both worlds.

Not sure why the Zangerl's ever allowed the Burger King and the strip clubs.

Money talks I suppose.

I went a few times but never again.

To be fair, that sounds like a good nite out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27 wrote:
Funny place Ischgl...

Not sure why the Zangerl's ever allowed the Burger King….

Money talks I suppose.

That does seem contradictory?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great lift system. Excellent ring of blacks up top. If they could tone down the titty bar, 90% pint population, 30 grand bottles of bubbles and previous instances of cartel ski rental it would be near perfect.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There’s some nice restaurants and bars above the main street which are tame and much quieter, up by the church.

I don’t think I’ve ever been down the main street at night as none of it appeals to me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm always confused by people who talk up/down the titty bars in Ischgl. Yes there are a couple but you know you don't HAVE to go in them, right? I've done 10+ trips to Ischgl and never been in any of the stip clubs and only once, very briefly been in FreeRide before deciding it was 'not to our tastes' and leaving to go to one of the other 30 bars. Likewise the bubbles. Only really some of the more expensive hotel bars and the one Champagne bar where you see that. The hotel bars are worth a visit for a chilled drink/nice bottle of wine and the Champaign bar to laugh at the Folie Douce types who think we're impressed by their spending (while we're actually laughing at their gullibility).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wonder how many people that go on about how bad the place is have ever been there Puzzled
I am a fan but there other resorts that I am unlikely to go to based on others opinions.
The skiing is great, the nightlife is what you want you can have tacky or refined all is available.
Home run at the end of the day can be a bit of carnage at times but it's easy to avoid.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 15-12-23 13:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mjit, @Garfield, agree

he above mentioned does however attract an undesirable clientele but nothing is perfect
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skied plenty of times at Ischgl and love it. I have to confess to not having stayed in the actual village they were all family holidays and cheaper places to stay were available elsewhere in the valley.
I would imagine tacky places are easy to avoid, the clientele were bog standard skiing clientele during the day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been to Ischgl twice and never seen a titty bar.

I'll look harder next time.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A friend had a difficult encounter in the wellness when some of the girls came in on their hours off. It was, challenging.
ski holidays
@8611, bet that turned out to be a hard time
snow report
Blast wrote:

One, I'm guessing not the highest end one is below the Burger King. If it looks like a pizzaria (thinking about it, along with the BK one of the few places we've never eaten) you've gone the wrong way on the stairs. And if you've deffinetly gone down stairs but seem to have ended up in Heidi's log cabin, you've gone in the Dorf Cafe next door (where we've east lots) - though I guess the titti bar could have the same decore, but that would be getting well creapy! Smile
ski holidays
Great conditions today, cloudy this morning first thing then brightened up a bit. Nice turns on and off piste as it was still quite cold, -9C at the bottom of the Gampenbahn. Plenty of base down so no rocks clipped under the surface.

Had lunch at the Gampenalpe, the one with the fluffy lampshades. Very nice. Not cheap but a very nice restaurant.
To be fair I’ve not had a bad meal anywhere in Ischgl.

Chilly on the hands today, had to swap to mittens.
snow report
We are looking forward to our return to Ischgl on 20th Jan. Is there a chance the Piz Val Gronda cable car will be open by then, or is it usually later in the season?
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
Blast wrote:

One, I'm guessing not the highest end one is below the Burger King. If it looks like a pizzaria (thinking about it, along with the BK one of the few places we've never eaten) you've gone the wrong way on the stairs. And if you've deffinetly gone down stairs but seem to have ended up in Heidi's log cabin, you've gone in the Dorf Cafe next door (where we've east lots) - though I guess the titti bar could have the same decore, but that would be getting well creapy! Smile

Coyote ugly (a friend tells me Toofy Grin ) sharing entrance with pacha.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Great conditions today, cloudy this morning first thing then brightened up a bit. Nice turns on and off piste as it was still quite cold, -9C at the bottom of the Gampenbahn. Plenty of base down so no rocks clipped under the surface.

Had lunch at the Gampenalpe, the one with the fluffy lampshades. Very nice. Not cheap but a very nice restaurant.

Same friend told me about the one below Trofana Blush
ski holidays
Looking forward to first visit to Ischgl. Not pushed on the nightlife and I'll be doing half board. As long as the skiing is ace. That's all that matters to me
snow report
DanishRider wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

I take it this wasn’t meant for me in relation to my post? Maybe someone else?
snow conditions
the_dazzler wrote:
Looking forward to first visit to Ischgl. Not pushed on the nightlife and I'll be doing half board. As long as the skiing is ace. That's all that matters to me

That’s all I’m here for, never done any of the nightlife as don’t care. The skiing is great early season and reasonable accommodation costs if you look carefully.
snow conditions
the_dazzler wrote:

The skiing is good in Ischgl that's not disputable. The lift system is as good as it gets also.
snow report
Yes the lift system is probably the best in the world, the only place I know of with similar quality uplift is Kitzbühel
snow report
Nice bright crisp sunny day today. Still chilly enough as they’ve got the snow cannon running down piste 1a. Stockpiling I’d assume as there’s more than enough cover down there.
snow conditions
On the rocks wrote:
We are looking forward to our return to Ischgl on 20th Jan. Is there a chance the Piz Val Gronda cable car will be open by then, or is it usually later in the season?

Piz Val Gronda is showing as open today I think for the first time this season. It’s weather/avalanche dependent. There were some bombs going off up there somewhere yesterday lunchtime I suspect in preparation for opening today as they knew it was going to be a sunny good visibility day. The only trouble is the pistes coming from it are closed so maybe they are testing it!
Don’t expect it to be open on a poor visibility day but the time of year doesn’t matter (as long as enough snow base down which there is now).

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 16-12-23 11:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The other thing to say about Ischgl is the mountain scenery is astonishingly beautiful
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
The other thing to say about Ischgl is the mountain scenery is astonishingly beautiful

this
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

I take it this wasn’t meant for me in relation to my post? Maybe someone else?

My bad Happy
latest report
@DanishRider, Very Happy
snow report
Nice snow again today had some nice fresh tracks down the side of piste no 80 down to Samnaun.
It’s colder than I thought the forecast said so the snow is still in excellent nick.
I don’t think the next few days of warmer temperatures will matter because it’s getting colder again from Wednesday onwards.
snow report
Awful sleezy town, great mountains though. Went once 20 years ago for skiing and passed through last summer, was like a theme park. No desire to return. Full of boozed up lads trips. Only place I’ve ever checked in and found a pair of dirty boxers in my bed. Vegas on snow….
snow report
The key to not coming into contact with any groups of men is to choose one of the quiet B&Bs/hotels on the hill up by the Fimbabahn. Nice and quiet at night, I’ve not heard a sound. No leery groups staying where I am. Plus it’s only a short walk to the lift in any case.
On the main street where all the shops are and where Schatzi’s bar and the Kitzloch is I can imagine you can hear late night revellers until gone 3am.

Having been to St Anton many times as well I think St Anton is worse for groups of blokes out on the booze compared to Ischgl.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 16-12-23 21:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
Awful sleezy town, great mountains though. Went once 20 years ago for skiing and passed through last summer, was like a theme park. No desire to return. Full of boozed up lads trips. Only place I’ve ever checked in and found a pair of dirty boxers in my bed. Vegas on snow….

Totally different type of resort in summer
Average age for summer probably about 60
Not different for many Austrian resorts
If people don't fancy the place there are lots of other options and more space for people that do Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Really enjoyed first vist last year so returning in Jan. Hopefully the Jagerhof won’t be too unruly.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, Sounds like great conditions - I'm envious!

As you say, the worst excesses of the Stag brigade can be avoided and you've picked the best part of town.

When I went, it was at this time of year which I think is the best time if the snow is early
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
The key to not coming into contact with any groups of men is to choose one of the quiet B&Bs/hotels on the hill up by the Fimbabahn. Nice and quiet at night, I’ve not heard a sound. No leery groups saying where I am. Plus it’s only a short walk to the lift in any case.
On the main street where all the shops are and where Schatzi’s bar and the Kitzloch is I can imagine you can hear late night revellers until gone 3am.

Having been to St Anton many times as well I think St Anton is worse for groups of blokes out on the booze compared to Ischgl.

100% agree - actually the family owned Hotel Fimba is a favorite of mine!
latest report
@red 27, yes it’s been fab so far.

@On the rocks, the Jagerhof is a higher end hotel up the hill near the church so yes, the nicer bit of town. Restaurant is packed out every night so they must be doing something right. Easy access to the lifts and the main street using the elevator close by.

You can ski back to within about 100m if you take the correct piste then it’s a short walk down the road past the school.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy