Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kvitfjell and Hafjell

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
thinking of a trip to Norway, skiing 3days in Kvitfjell and 3 in Hafjell. Any tips and suggestions or other ideas for a Norway trip with a couple of areas. Any good places to stay? Any area passes. All help welcome!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I expect you'll have to drive through it anyway, but stop off at Lillehammer. I have a great photo from about 25 yrs ago of about 20 of us sitting on a wall having a picnic on a mountainside overlooking the lake at Lillehammer. Keep going north-west, and you'll eventually get to the coast at Ålesund and I think there are some other ski areas in that direction. Certainly, you would pass Bjorli, though it is very small. There is plenty of scope for cross-country skiing, if you fancy a change.

https://www.skistar.com/en/ has all the bigger areas.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hobbiteater, we went back in 2019 - trip report here. We stayed in Hafjell, in a stuga halfway up the mountain. The location wasn't ideal - we could ski out along the transport tracks, but getting back again involved quite a lot of skating, IIRC. Nice ski areas, some variety, plus Lillehammer itself is close by.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Done Hafjell and Trysil x2. Beginner/intermediate level. Hafjell was quieter and in the immediate area not a lot to do. Lifts all worked well and hardly any queues. Runs were nice. Would go back. Agree worth going to Lillehammer.
Trysil very beginner and kid friendly, loads more to do around the village.
Be aware though it’s expensive. If you’re drinking worth getting from supermarkets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went to Hafjell in 2019 and stayed at the Hafjell Hotel. It’s five mins on the ski bus (stops right outside) and reasonably budget friendly, if a bit dated in parts. The food was excellent, we stayed full board and got vouchers to eat on the hill. I’d stay there again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went to Kvitfjell in Jan & stayed at the Gudbrandsgard Hotel. I would highly recommend it - although the local child racers & parents do descend on a weekend. Had full board & was very happy with the offerings. Truly ski to door & just a quick ski down to the Kvitfjell lift to get you across to the other two sides of the resort. There’s a surprising well stocked shop within a 2 minute walk & a couple of bars but that’s it, apart from the hotel. Nice pool & small spa too which was a bonus.

We found it was cheaper to buy our lift pass online then collect from the collection point using the supplied QR code than buying in the office.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did you manage to get in a trip to Norway this season, @hobbiteater?

I'm toying with the idea of flying out to Oslo next Wednesday 10th with Ryanair from Manchester, boarding at Winterpark on Thursday, then travelling to Lillehammer on Friday, staying there for 4 nights, boarding at the two small areas of Skeikampen and Hafjell on Saturday and Sunday, Kvitfjell on Monday, then flying home very late on Tuesday.

Could stay another night and get early flight back instead if Kvitfjell is worth a couple of days, but don't think I can make a trip to Trysil worthwhile and I don't think I can squeeze Hemsedal in either.

Not too concerned about none of the areas being particularly big, and more about squeezing in another slide in what's been a short season and (very briefly) visiting another new country.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy