Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moutiers Supermarket click and collect Carrefour vs Super U

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a transfer booked from Chambery to Mottaret on a Saturday in March and can make a Supermarket stop en route (we will be self catered). The transfer company have suggested either Carrefour or Super U in Moutiers. Does anyone have any advice on this e.g.

1. Any issues with booking click and collect with UK creditcard and address?
2. Does one supermarket have a better range than the other for food and drink? (I do have a preference for Ales over Lager)
3. Better prices?
4. Easier process to collect for mostly English speaking customers?

Hopefully we are not the only ones thinking of doing this so would appreciate any help from those who have tried it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not been to the carrefour, but the Super U is a decent supermarket. It's also on the main road between Moutiers & Brides Les Bains. Has a good range of foods and drinks, but I don't know about ales. I would expect these to be very pricey.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have a Carrefour Drive (click and collect account) and you shouldn’t have a problem paying with a UK card but you will have to enter a French address - perhaps the address of your accommodation would suffice?

Prices for beer etc can be compared by looking at the following you can then change to look at everything else by selecting from the menu under the 3 lines in the box https://www.coursesu.com/c/bieres-vins-alcools/bieres-cidres/cave-a-biere

Or… https://www.carrefour.fr/r/boissons/bieres-cidres/cave-a-bieres

It’s an easy process to collect by going to the clearly marked ‘Drive’ area at the supermarket whereby you usually scan a barcode on your order confirmation, just don’t forget to select to collect your order in bags otherwise everything will be given to you ‘sans sac’ which is a right pain,
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Carrefour in Moutier was being slowly re furbished whilst still trading in January, it was a bit of a mess to be honest.
Not sure why the transfer company hasn't suggested the Carrefour Hypermarket at Chambery, ChamNord. https://www.chamnord.com
I guess they choose the smaller ones so you dont get lost or too distracted Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use the click and collect at Super U often, or even get guests to collect my order on the way up.
They send a code when your order is picked and when you arrive at the click and collect area you just type it in the console and they bring your order out. Super U do supply bags (unless it’s big items like kindling, 24pk beer or toilet rolls)

They are pretty flexible with pick up times, I arrived 40mins early the other day but it was all ready.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
The Carrefour in Moutier was being slowly re furbished whilst still trading in January, it was a bit of a mess to be honest.
Not sure why the transfer company hasn't suggested the Carrefour Hypermarket at Chambery, ChamNord. https://www.chamnord.com
I guess they choose the smaller ones so you dont get lost or too distracted Laughing

I suggested this and they have agreed. Many thanks for the idea and all other responses.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
However, when I try to create an account, it wants a phone number to send a verification code and pre-completes the French country code without letting you edit it. How can I get a verification code to a UK mobile? Any ideas?

Cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are lots of things in France that insist on verification codes being sent to a French number. Receiving verification codes is the only reason I have a French SIM.

You've got a couple of options. Either get a French e-SIM, or find a friendly Snowhead that has a phone with a working French SIM. I would be happy to help BUT I have no mobile phone coverage at home in the UK (where I am now) and my French SIM doesn't support wi-fi calls/texts. So it would involve planning for you get the code when I know I am going to be somewhere with coverage. However, since you are not in a rush, I suspect we could make it work. PM me if no-one comes along who can access a code for you more easily.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Many thanks for the offer but I think you can understand that I would prefer to find another solution.

It does look like I might be able to get a free sim card delivered to the UK. Lebara seem to offer this and maybe others have used this route?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quick update - I couldn't find a way to get a French SIM card free in the UK.

At the moment it looks like having to go shopping Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi everyone - just started thinking about 2025 trips and a chunk of one of the groups we'll look to go with want to fly... to make it work well we'd all fly and book a private transfer.

Did we find a good solution for supermarket click and collect between GVA and Tarentaise / Isere valley? Potential barriers to a smooth transaction are we don't have access to a French SIM in the group, only registered UK credit cards and would have to use the address of any accommodation we'd booked Sad

Clearly getting a French e-sim is something we can explore between now and then but would like to know what has definitely worked for others...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@JP Wolf, I use a UK phone and number for all my Super U orders.
Never had a problem, the order and collect number does come into my email though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy