Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back and rib protection experiences anyone ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
Last week I was jumping on and off the pist into the powder and then back again. Superfun until the skies went one way and my ribs the other. And there it was a lump of ice (off course). This is the third time I have broken ribs while skiing. And I'm not totally careless when skiing. I have found some old threads about combined back and rib protection, but it doesn't seem like anyone is using them yet. I have found these: https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/komperdell-ballistic-flexfit-protector/?cnid=e74c38f79b46d6984b1da2df7592cae3
Any ideas guys?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Absolutely no idea apart from padding yourself out with Lidl panettone. That is eating the stuff to gain some padding rather than stuffing it in your jacket. That would be a bit of a mess by the end of the day wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heard good things about Komperdell and Dainese. Try before you buy if at all possible wearing your base and mid layer - how the cut and inserts fit your body type might vary by brand, model and size (if you’re between sizes).

Can’t comment or recommend any specific models as I only have a back protector vest.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scott also do a modular 3do body armor system that looks quite good. I looked at it when buying for my daughter but she ended up going for poc gear, no chest protection with that though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sportspursuit currently have Dainese flexagon waistcoats on offer.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@IamJan2Y,

I had a kevlar rib and chest protector for kart racing - not sure I'd want to ski in it though! Madeye-Smiley
Does bike armour have rib protection - does on the back and front but not sure how much it does on the sides?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys. I have sendt a question to Dainese about this. Most things I find is protection for bikers and they look like knights armour from the 16 century. I will keep looking around and post an update if something useful for skiing should show up.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TJToms, good idea except that all goes to the centre stomach area, which for some reason never hits first.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I use this for mountain biking, it’s very flexible and breathable, can wear it all day and you forget it’s on.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/troy-lee-designs-ups-7850-hw-short-sleeve-shirt?color=black&sizeStandard=S&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=CRC_UK_GGL_PMX_SMA_MAN_MIX_ALL_NA_NA_NA_TIER4_NA_NA_Newstructure&utm_medium=base&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwriVgrDHhAMVuYlQBh2bCABdEAQYAyABEgIHU_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It’s a bit hard to tell from the pics but it has small armour sections all round the torso, since these sections are smallish it’s not completely rigid and hence moves quite nicely.

Bought it after my front wheel washed out and I landed on the end of a handlebar on my side.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Demon Shield Vest, or Demon Pro Fit Protective Ski & Snowboard Top? Both have rib protection.

I use a Forcefield Pro L2 lumbar protector designed for motorcyclists. Despite being 2 cm thick, it moulds to the body really well after a few minutes and I'm barely aware of it while skiing. It is very welcome on old chairlifts that don't slow down when you're getting on them and it keeps me extra warm, so I often don't need to wear a mid layer.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Find places where you can return for free and try them on. I returned a lot of short before I found the once protecting my tailbone properly.
I used to use Forcefield Pro L2 because that's what is hanging on my bike during winter and it's lot of protection for back but may not meet your needs.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skied with the “ Forcefield Pro Shirt X-V 2 Air Body Armour” a few times this year and whilst quite warm and bulky it’s less intrusive than you’d think. You could take out bits you don’t always want like elbows and shoulders and the actual overall structure is full of holes for airflow so it doesn’t get too clammy.

Definitely feels like it would take a good whack, elbow pads definitely saved me from some damage already!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy