Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seefeld Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A last minute French rail strike has caused a minor change of plans and I am now flying to Innsbruck on Saturday 17 Feb instead of getting the train to Seefeld. This means we will need to be packing lighter than expected and not bringing skis. People traveling are me (decent skier), and my 10 year old son (early intermediate skier).

We will be staying on Andreas-Hofer-Str about 500m from the Rosshutte base station.

Does anyone have recommendations please for a ski hire shop near the Rosshutte base station in Seefeld? Ideally I'd like somewhere with a boot room so I can avoid carting my son's skis each morning. I am happy to pay more for a quality place without excessive queuing to get/return gear (think the polar opposite of Skiset in Les Arcs 2000)

Is it sensible to rely on picking up a taxi from a rank at Innsbruck airport for the 15km transfer to the resort or should I do something else?

Any other relevant advice would also be welcome.

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 15-02-24 13:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Taxi up from Innsbruck is very quick and easy. Loads of lockers at the Rosshutte base station. Very friendly rental place down your street by the railway line https://maps.app.goo.gl/eF4wo4gihkmpP7co9
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="Csb123"]Taxi up from Innsbruck is very quick and easy. Loads of lockers at the Rosshutte base station. Very friendly rental place down your street by the railway line https://maps.app.goo.gl/eF4wo4gihkmpP7co9[/quote

Thanks, do you know if I can get a taxi from the airport without booking?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes it's quite a big airport
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Henwc, there's a ski hire place right at the bottom of the lift. Taxi might not be the cheapest, as there's often traffic up the steep Zirlerberg road from Innsbruck. But it's a quick and scenic train ride from Innsbruck main station.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Re Taxi. I’m sure you can get one from the airport without booking but we saved a bit by booking www.suntransfers.com and they were fine. It takes about 30 minutes as I’m sure you know.
I hope it goes well. We loved the village. I hope there’s enough skiing for you and the snow is in decent nick.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks All, I have booked a sun transfers taxi which seemed reasonably priced overall.

It turns out that I ended up booking BA flights and we can fit a ski bag into the included luggage so the hardware is coming with us. I might use the ski shop for a service/bindings check though so thanks for the recommendations.

Does anyone know how the lockers at the Rosshutte base station work? I guess I can just turn up and ask?

Any other recommendations for good supermarkets and restaurants?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Henwc,
The lockers at at Sailer Sport, the hire shop @clarky999 is talking about. We had one once years ago for a few Euro a week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
musher wrote:
@Henwc,
The lockers at at Sailer Sport, the hire shop @clarky999 is talking about. We had one once years ago for a few Euro a week.

Thanks that will save me searching around in the rain (well hopefully not too much rain)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi All, Thanks for the help, the trip went well. Sun transfers taxi was great and the ski lockers made things a lot easier.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Henwc, Good to hear. I hope you had better conditions than when we were there last year, when it was a sludge fest by midday. Lovely village though, whatever the weather
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
EdYarker wrote:
@Henwc, Good to hear. I hope you had better conditions than when we were there last year, when it was a sludge fest by midday. Lovely village though, whatever the weather
Snow wasn't great at the start of the week but overall still a good trip. Stayed exclusively on the larger Rosshutte area and managed to find enough decent snow. Very much easter type conditions, afternoon slush was fine because my son likes it for some reason.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Laughing He would have enjoyed it last year then as well! Unfortunately my wife hates slush, so not so good for us!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy