Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying skis in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to try and buy skis in Tignes, please? Le Lac, ideally, but I’ll jump on the bus to Val Claret if worth it. We’re based in Les Brev with no decent shops and I may take the plunge and buy skis when I’m there in a couple of weeks.
Also, I discovered the amazing boot fitter in Le Lac up near the post office had closed when we were there last year. Such a shame. Is there anywhere else decent now?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@littlesuse, Welcome to SHs. I guess it depends what you are looking for. If you have something specific in mind then you are unlikely to find a bargain at in Tignes. The sales may have started by the time you get there, but probably unlikely. On the other hand the likes of Precision invariably have a few potential bargains outside. These will be either last year’s models, limited ex-rentals, odd sizes (v. short/long) or a mixture of those things. So it will depend on how particular/discerning you are as well as what you ski/aspire to ski and your size.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
> the amazing boot fitter in Le Lac up near the post office had closed when we were there last year.

Hmmm. Having bought by first boots in Andorra in 2000, I used him in 2007 when I had my second pair of boots fitted and he (rightly) said the boots I was wearing were way too big and I needed something smaller.

When I changed boots again in 2018 though I went even smaller - Graham at Rivington Alpine measured my feet and told me what I needed. Maybe my feet got smaller in those years...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
littlesuse wrote:
Hi there. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to try and buy skis in Tignes, please? Le Lac, ideally, but I’ll jump on the bus to Val Claret if worth it. We’re based in Les Brev with no decent shops and I may take the plunge and buy skis when I’m there in a couple of weeks.
Also, I discovered the amazing boot fitter in Le Lac up near the post office had closed when we were there last year. Such a shame. Is there anywhere else decent now?

nevada sports (that boot fitter up near the post office) closed down after covid, like many places he lost a lot of money over that period and i believe he was wanting to retire
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@littlesuse, Richermoz in Val Claret is getting good feedback for boot fitting. I've had no personal experience but other snowheads have spoken well of the place and one French mate was happy with them when he got new boots last month; he said several of his Tignes-based friends also recommended. I have no affiliation with them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Ski One in VC, they helped me out. I demoed a set of Stockli and Fischer, neither really floated my boat but I was impressed by their knowledge and service.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the reply. I’m not after anything fancy, just a decent pair of resort skis to have fun on. I’m no pro, neither an off-piste beast, I just like a good time Laughing
Wondered whether there is anywhere/one people rate for sound advice (for a long time skier, but first time buyer) and the opportunity to buy. I had a look around last year, but didn’t end up buying and now I’m going back tomorrow, been wishing I had.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JeanPaulValley wrote:
Try Ski One in VC, they helped me out. I demoed a set of Stockli and Fischer, neither really floated my boat but I was impressed by their knowledge and service.

That’s good to know, thanks!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobski62 wrote:
@littlesuse, Richermoz in Val Claret is getting good feedback for boot fitting. I've had no personal experience but other snowheads have spoken well of the place and one French mate was happy with them when he got new boots last month; he said several of his Tignes-based friends also recommended. I have no affiliation with them.

Thanks for letting me know. I don’t need any this year, but helpful that there’s still somewhere recommended in Tignes now Jojo has gone.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy