Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will anywhere else suit us as well as Montgenèvre?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@piggeris, Le Napoleon is in the centre of the village across the road from the north facing slopes and main ski school meeting point. Chalet des Dolines and Le hameau des airelles are at the foot of the south facing slopes but a short walk from the main village. They are a bit cheaper. So it depends on your budget. We have tried all three of these over the years and they are all ok. (I also like La Rosiere and Flaine!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@piggeris, a good place to start would be to look at Go Montgenevre, who have a good range of self catering apartments of different sizes from mid range to premium (although not budget).

It's not a big resort, so nowhere is going to be miles from the slopes, but we chose an apartment directly opposite to the main north facing slopes and the ski school (as described by the PP) which for us worked brilliantly. We were literally 60 seconds from the piste, a grocery store, ski hire, ski school and a nice little bar.

With kids it made it easy to pop back for a short break when they were tired and then get back out there. I think if we had have been a walk or a shuttle bus from the lifts we would have skiied less.

Personally I wouldn't pick the Obikisk area - there are some lovely new properties there but it's a bit of a walk and the (free) shuttle bus wasn't super frequent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi!

Just seconding @piggeris post. Still in val cenis just now but depart Sunday. Beginner family and have loved it (got lucky with great snow falls as well). But, looking to try montgenevre next year (mainly because of great insight given on this thread!).

Would love advice on accommodation, and best place to base ourselves. My family is relatively young (8 & 11 years), and both adults are only getting comfortable with skiing, so easy runs to build confidence is a must for us.

Happy to give any updates info on val cenis to any folks if required. Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi! I don’t think you’d go wrong with any of the SC options in Montgenevre, I think where to base yourselves depends on what you’re looking for. We stayed at Dolines and Hameau in the Obelisk area a total of 3 times, then got a bit tired of trekking with e the children’s skis or having them spend time in their lessons waiting for the bus to the other side so opted for the Napoleon last year to avoid that. There’s no denying that Napoleon or other accommodation by front de neige makes things easier and gives more direct access to more slopes. However we missed the cosier feeling of the Obelisk area, and if I was to go back I’d probably choose Dolines over Napoleon for that reason. Whenever you stay, it’s a great resort which sounds well suited to what you’re looking for x
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great advice - thanks @cloughieclams.

Funny....was looking at napoleon apartments. Kids love swimming as well, so was hoping the pool would keep them happy.

Would you say napoleon apartments are a sound choice also (despite lack of coziness in dolines)?

Thanks again Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Vinnylad, Napoleon definitely a sound choice. Decor-wise they’re pretty much exactly the same, and both Dolines and Les Hameau have pools as well which our children loved too (the latter was freezing when we went). It’s just the location that differs. Many would probably prefer the Napoleon location as it’s directly opposite the main lifts. We didn’t dislike the Napoleon location or the apartments themselves, both were great, we just preferred the Obelisk area. However there is a lot to be said for the convenience of the Napoleon location, as it saves carrying your children’s skis as well as your own at the end of a long day. I also think esf lessons are better if they begin from front de neige (Napoleon) as they can get up to Gondrans area which is brilliant. Hope that helps? X
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helps a ton! Thanks so much Happy

Just had the kids in esf lessons this week in val cenis so that continuity would be good.

Think I'll give the napoleon apartments a go.

Brill advice. Thanks again!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helps a ton! Thanks so much Happy

Just had the kids in esf lessons this week in val cenis so that continuity would be good.

Think I'll give the napoleon apartments a go.

Brill advice. Thanks again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy