Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gastein - 9th march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'll be travelling to the Gastein region from the 9th to the 12th of March.
No one could join me cause I booked very last minute so I'll be going alone, was wondering if anyone here is in the region at that time and would like to meetup.

Would love to ski some (relatively) easy powder but rather not go at it alone. Also, if anyone knows what the current snow conditions are, would love to know!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We’re only there in early April and don’t ski off-piste so we’re no good to you but I think the area just had a decent dump over the last few days with a bit more forecast, @ElzP might be in the area at the moment so maybe best to advise.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I booked a days off piste in Bad Gastein in March 2020 with a ski school. I did not do the day as I was not well. It was a group session so circa 100 euros. I do not have the name of the ski school but I recollect they did normal lessons too. Google is your friend.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Leplazerus, can't help much on the off piste though Sportgastein is the place - bus from Bad Gastein easy. Dorfgastein had some nice side piste if it's just snowed, but not sure about proper off piste routes.

The valley run various activities which you might fancy if you're flying solo, including a touring intro. The tourist office have a booklet with all the activities in, ir they'll have it in your hotel. Here's a couple of links that might help for starters:
https://www.skigastein.com/en/activities/tours-event-highlights/
https://www.skigastein.com/en/activities/skiing-snowboarding/freeriding/

It snowed just before we left (26th Feb) and was great for at least a couple of days. The weather has been really warm since, so lower down will be looking brown (and was before it snowed!) But, it's meant to snow this week, and potentially stay a bit colder, so you might be in luck!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ElzP, thanks so much for this! I'll check out Sportgastein indeed, I'd read something about the bus but wasn't sure, this comfirmation is great.

Great few links you sent, that will definitely help me out.

Well I'm indeed keeping an eye on the forecast and it does seem like there will fall some snow this week, let's hope it stays!
Thanks again for the relpy!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Leplazerus, no worries!

The buses are plentiful and punctual between the four villages, though the one to Sportgastein takes a bit of time (I think 25 or 30 minutes from Bad Gastein?). The main road outside the lift in Bad Gastein is the bus station basically - in Bad Hofgastein there's a more intentional bus station next to the lift. Laughing

Even if the snow is not up to off piste you'll have fun exploring. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Leplazerus, probably worth putting a post here...

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98245&start=1320
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy