Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hard case for spare curved lens?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hopefully an easy one - I'm after a hard case for a spare curved lens. I've got the Salomon radium sigma goggles which come with a spare. The box that came with the goggles is nearly the same size as my carry on case so that's not going in the rucksack. Last time out I didn't dare take both with me because that would be the day I fall on my back & no more new lens.... Leaving the spare in the hotel rather defeats the point of having the spare too.

So, just after a hard case big enough for these OTG lenses and maybe 5cm or so deep. I've only seen soft cases so far.

Mainly wondering how others are dealing with the spare lens issue....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have found that the fleece lined goggles pocket in the top section of the EVOC freeride 20L series are really excellent. They have a pocket for a back protector, sit really close to the body, and the goggle pocket is high enough not to get crushed when you sit in gondola etc. Really well designed.

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/evoc-line-20l-snowboard-ski-touring-backpack?v=284636&fc=GBP/?keyword=&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq72Tv-nShAMVP5NQBh2INwIvEAQYCiABEgIchPD_BwE

Might seem expensive but they are really excellent packs
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have this - https://www.theski-shop.co.uk/eyewear/spare-lenses-accessories/the-ski-shop-lens-hard-case-for-up-to-2-spare-goggle-lenses__191984

Not sure it'll be curved enough for some of the newer lenses though, so maybe give them a call.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@valais2 - I've got a Dakine pack which is very similar in terms of the goggles pocket. Maybe I'm overthinking because if I managed to take a hit that high up (just below the neck) I think I'd have more issues than a broken lens..... But still, skiing is the gift that never stops giving (read: spending more on)

@Shakira - Nice one - I'll give them a shout - that looks like the kind of size that would work.

Mind you - from the webcams today in Cervinia I reckon I'm going to need nightvision during the day!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy