Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you ski direct from Val THorens to Les Menuires without lift?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski map seems to show a direct ski run from Val THorens resort to Les Menuires via the Bd. Cumin blue run. Grateful if anyone can confirm if that is correct? Staying in VT but hoping to get the kids down to ESF in Les Menuires in time for 915am start (ESF morning lessons in VT sold out already….). Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@seabadger, Bd. Cumin is a route down to Les Menuires. I’ve never skied it but it’s a very gentle slope and quite flat in places from what I’ve seen.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied it about 10 years ago and have no real desire to do it again. It has some very flat bits.

What about the other ski schools in Val Thorens?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe at the bottom of Blvd Cumin you have to take the short ‘Croisette’ yogurt pots lift up to Les Menuires main front de neige.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bd. Cumin is very flat and often requires quite a bit of polling to get moving, and that will be especially difficult for little kids who may lack the weight and technique to schuss and may also lack the strength to poll very far. That's also a very weather-dependent run - it's right near the river, at the very bottom of the valley, so it turns to slush easily and is sometimes closed for lack of snow coverage.

And @davehas is right, you'll have to take the Croisette lift to get to the ESF meeting point.

You may be better off taking the shuttle bus from VT to Les Menuires, it only takes about 10-15 minutes and you can track the live status of the busses on a website. Get the details from the ESF team, and ask them what other options might exist for you getting to your lessons on time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is also a steeper bit, just below the last VT lifts. If the kids are complete beginners that might be an issue.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
seabadger wrote:
Ski map seems to show a direct ski run from Val THorens resort to Les Menuires via the Bd. Cumin blue run. Grateful if anyone can confirm if that is correct? Staying in VT but hoping to get the kids down to ESF in Les Menuires in time for 915am start (ESF morning lessons in VT sold out already….). Thanks!

It's about a 15 minute ski from VT to the lifts at Les Menuires, from where you will need to take the free "bucket lift" (about 5 mins) to the centre of Les M.

The flat sections on Boulevard Cumin aren't too bad - only a couple of minutes (max) of poling and skating will be required before you have enough momentum to continue skiing again.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeap...done it in Januar. It is not so bad if you have ski. With snowboard was for me a little bit annoying but doable.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
diaphon wrote:
Bd. Cumin is very flat and often requires quite a bit of polling to get moving, and that will be especially difficult for little kids who may lack the weight and technique to schuss and may also lack the strength to poll very far.

Agreed. Very much depends on the ability level of the kids. If they're under 10 and inexperienced, I wouldn't be doing it.

diaphon wrote:
You may be better off taking the shuttle bus from VT to Les Menuires, it only takes about 10-15 minutes and you can track the live status of the busses on a website.

You can't. The buses between VT and LM are pedestrian only. This also means that you will need to plan a ski route back to VT after the lesson.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What level do the kids ski at? They will need to be at least competent on blue runs to ski back to VT.

If not, perhaps hire the kids gear in Les Menuires and look for lockers there to leave it overnight?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone, really helpful.
Have now discovered Ski Cool in VT, so have booked the kids in with them. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy