Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How early can you realistically head to the dolomites?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering getting a trip into a European ski destination in early/mid December, and I'm curious how much I can push it, or what the pros/cons might be. I was looking at Dec 11-17, for example.

It seems like, from what I've read, the dolomites are a particularly good choice for early season with their snowmaking, but I'd be open to other suggestions too!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes - it's high, and has good snow making.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BeanBean, Dolomites are an excellent choice. In the good old days of MountainSun I always used to have a pre-xmas 4 day trip around the dates you mention
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been to Kronplatz in November on more than one occasion. Not everything open, but enough to keep me happy.
But although Kronplatz is on the Superdolomiti lift pass, it is definitely not the main Dolomite scenery or ski area.
I would expect you to find enough generally
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will be fine mid december in the Dolomites : Their snowmaking will ensure that the slopes are open
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
albob wrote:
Their snowmaking will ensure that the slopes are open

Only if the temperatures allow it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kronplatz usually the first to open.
As long as things are cold enough for them to fire up the snow making.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy