Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Donate unused damaged skis for a project please

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, any skis would be appreciated Oxford and surrounding areas, will collect in person.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll be helping a great project
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Durici, you may want to explain what the project is...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

What is the project?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wager a ski bench/seat

Always thought they were cool, if not a little uncomfortable looking

(here is the 1st one I found on google images)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/QyYAAOSwnxhl2lrs/s-l1600.jpg
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You mean "damaged in transit but not sent back to the shop", @Durici? Can't be many of those around.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Basically Anything that is going to the skip I'll have it, can collect Oxford, surroundings and West London
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Project is a secret, if successful you'll be part of the launch
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kiteman69 wrote:
I wager a ski bench/seat

Always thought they were cool, if not a little uncomfortable looking

(here is the 1st one I found on google images)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/QyYAAOSwnxhl2lrs/s-l1600.jpg

It's gonna be used to make skis not structures out of skis.
Thanks anyway
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am now intrigued snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jones snowboards have been doing a scheme called Re-Up using old skis and boards in the cores of new kit. Maybe something similar?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So you mean “used and damaged” rather than “unused”?!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@James the Last, he means no longer used
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiteman69 wrote:
I am now intrigued snowHead

This will be something you've never seen before and it will have speed and stability
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:

Anything I can use to do some testing on and adapt, cross country skis more useful but Anything else would work for testing. Something special that has never been seen before
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:

Yes as long as its not broken in half lol

Please let me know if there's anything I can pick up.

Thanks
snow report
This is a childhood invention as I was born and bread in the snow and I want to put this out there. It will be a new sport and opportunities for all of us here to create a new league and a new competition which is fast and exciting. More speed and mounuverablity it will beat the current slope ski competition easy.....

I can't reveal any more as it's a secret project and don't want it to be compromised.
ski holidays
10/10 for self belief.

You are going to blow current snow sports out the water by collecting redundant kit?

Where do I send my life savings?
snow report
You are Tom from Austria with RaxskisV2 and I claim my £5
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
You are Tom from Austria with RaxskisV2 and I claim my £5

No, I'm Durici from Oxford England, you have any skis for me to collect?
snow report
dode wrote:
10/10 for self belief.

You are going to blow current snow sports out the water by collecting redundant kit?

You can send it on this project as I believe it will blow your mind!!
snow conditions
Durici wrote:
dode wrote:
10/10 for self belief.

You can send it on this project as I believe it will blow your mind!!

I want to create something new, just need redundant skis to adapt and test before inventing a brand new concept and a brand new snow competition
ski holidays
What you have to understand is that snowheads and other people will have a chance to be the pioneers of history
snow report
Durici wrote:
What you have to understand is that snowheads and other people will have a chance to be the pioneers of history
Thanks, but no thanks. Why would I wish to be a pioneer of, or even associate myself with something of which I have absolutely no knowledge and over which I have no control?
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
Durici wrote:
Thanks, but no thanks. Why would I wish to be a pioneer of, or even associate myself with something of which I have absolutely no knowledge and over which I have no control?

Because you will remembered for the legacy and that's what counts but I understand that you feel pessimistic because you don't know what this is going to be but I do and I believe in this.
latest report
@Durici, good luck then
ski holidays
If on the other hand, anyone has any undamaged and fairly new skis, I also have a secret project…..
snow report
Zermattandchips wrote:
If on the other hand, anyone has any undamaged and fairly new skis, I also have a secret project…..

Very funny
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have some no longer used skis you could have, including a pair of cross country skis, but I live on the south coast. They have some "damage" but only because they're old. Like me.

I have a snowboard too......

If you tell me what it's about, will you have to kill me?
latest report
Thank you for offering me your skis, I really can't tell you as the project is not legally protected yet. After that you'll have the opportunity to know what it's about. Where in the south coast are you?
latest report
I just realised and can see that you're based in Chichester, I would really appreciate the skis and cross country skis, I have no use for the snowboard.

Can I come and collect sometime tomorrow please??
ski holidays
would it not be cheaper (spend less in petrol/diesel) just to buy some used ones off ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=7&_from=R40&LH_ItemCondition=3000&_nkw=cross+country+skis&_sacat=0&_stpos=ox1+1ae&_fcid=3

(I have used a postcode for oxford university for reference)
snow conditions
Get on Ski builders forum. Build from scratch, much better than modifying stuff. I did loads, started out making snowboard from scrap skis in the mid1980's. Ended up winning prises at ispo in 2013!
ski holidays
Idris wrote:
Get on Ski builders forum. Build from scratch, much better than modifying stuff. I did loads, started out making snowboard from scrap skis in the mid1980's. Ended up winning prises at ispo in 2013!

I'm not using it to create the final product just need it to for tests and the final product will of course be from scratch.
snow conditions
kiteman69 wrote:
would it not be cheaper (spend less in petrol/diesel) just to buy some used ones off ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=7&_from=R40&LH_ItemCondition=3000&_nkw=cross+country+skis&_sacat=0&_stpos=ox1+1ae&_fcid=3

(I have used a postcode for oxford university for reference)

I don't mind just travelling a few miles and spend £20 or so in fuel, Origen has offered a couple of skis so probably will collect from him if that's still the case
ski holidays
@Durici, you’re in for a shock Wink
snow report
Fingers crossed it's rocket skis made by ducktaping fire extinguishers to them and jumping a shark pond. Anything else will not be mindblowing enough. I know the producer of Gladiators and am about to sell him this format for global syndication so the OP is going to have to go elsewhere for his meelions.
snow conditions
Any sort of ski type in particular that you are after and how many do you estimate that you need ?
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Fingers crossed it's rocket skis made by ducktaping fire extinguishers to them and jumping a shark pond. Anything else will not be mindblowing enough. I know the producer of Gladiators and am about to sell him this format for global syndication so the OP is going to have to go elsewhere for his meelions.

I appreciate your positivity but don't over think it too much unless you have nothing to do and this is what gives you the thrill.
ski holidays
Glosterwolf wrote:
Any sort of ski type in particular that you are after and how many do you estimate that you need ?

Just a couple of pairs will do.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy