Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement insoles for Burton Moto boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've managed to cut through one of the internal lacing points on the liner to my snowboard boots. These are Burton Moto boots with an Imprint 1 liner.

I'll try a repair, but wondered whether any sH boarders have found or used replacement liners for their boots?

The way I see it, the liners would be the first things to replace, if they have packed down over time. But a quick bit of googling this afternoon has drawn a blank.

The boots are 10 years old, used for 1 week per year so fairly light usage. Being that old, I didn't expect to be able to buy anything identical to replace the liners. But I did hope (naively) that I might replace the liners with something from the after market.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And I know, yes they are very much 'entry' boots. I am probably not quite up to anything too stiff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably better off with some kind of repair job either sewing up the cut or put a new eyelet in or something.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get new liners from Intuition but it would be cheaper to just get new boots.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wouldn’t think the liner lacing makes that much difference anyway on a boot that soft. I’ve ripped a few eyelets out over the years and hasn’t made any noticeable difference.

I don’t even use the inner laces on one pair of boots I have. Took them off to reduce the faff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bin 'em!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Considering the light usage and age of your boots, exploring a repair option or contacting Burton for advice on replacement liners could be a helpful next step.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats good advice above ....as you never know burton could just send you a new pair if it seems any kind of fault .
They used to take care of customers like that .

Otherwise sew it up as said above as its the easy option....do it with some backing patches to hold it all together

Absolute sells liners but the price isnt worth it .

Ive used ski boot liners but found them to stiff and also used Remind liners in board boots but Im not sure if Remind are still doing liners .

What size are the boots I may have 11.5uk liners but not burton .
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I doubt Burton will support them at over 10 years old, worth contacting them to check though.

How about trying to buy a used pair on Ebay?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The won't be the same but you can just buy new liners over on FixMyBinding.com any just go with them...

reminds me I need to sort out some new ankle straps for some old MIG bindings.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers, all!
I'm reluctant to bin them, as the boots really have been only lightly used. I've a little time on my hands this week so will attempt a repair.

Ta muchly for the tip about fixmybinding.com @Richard_Sideways, that site is a goldmine of useful bits and bobs. And some new Imprint 3 liners would be £44, if my repair doesn't work.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
although they are too old, send an email zu burton customer support.
From all the companies i bought something, their customer support is the best. At least for my occassions.

Even in the cases they didnt do anything, they send me a discount code for 20% or something likes this
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy