Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gore Tex Repair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The outer layer of a well loved jacket has started to peel away where the fabric joins next to a pocket. I've tried applying some heat with an iron to see if this would reactivate the tape/layer that it was originally stuck too but no joy. Any suggestions for a DIY repair?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/beG36uiZ7PDPdbbC7
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.amazon.com/Wallpaper-Paste-Super-Strong-Formula/dp/B0042FGU2G?th=1&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I repaired a ripped out zip with this just last month

Having seen your image - I reckon it would be perfect

https://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.cgi?page=search&SS=ultrahold+&PR=-1&TB=A&ACTION=Go%21
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I need a adhesive fix to a upper chest pocket on a older dark blue Mountain Equipment jacket .

Its a upper chest pocket narrow glue seam about 1/4 inch wide where the pocket needs to sit completely flat or flush on the main jacket breast area .ie blue pocket on blue jacket

The pocket has come away on 3 sides so is flapping about making the jacket unusable otherwise its a great packable jacket for around town in winter .

Im not sure on the ultrahold tape as it would be seen as a white bond between the dark blue ripstop material around 3 sides of the chest pocket ?
Perhaps the wall paper adhesive would be best as it has no thickness to it so would be a invisable repair ?
I will try and put a photo up in a few days .
Helpful thread this .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gear aid tenacious tape
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No goretex lifetime warranty?

Failing that, low modulus silicone sealant diluted 50% with white spirit. Or as @hang11, says, tenacious tape.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On my recent holiday the bottom quarter of the the zip in image had pulled out.
I thought (mistakenly) I should wash the jacket before attempting a repair ; result - clean jacket, but with the whole zip hanging out !!

UltraHold (by Heat'n'bond) is a bit like Wonder Web but stronger - just iron on

I am quite pleased with the result - you can see where I went slightly wrong (the zip just fouls the fabric in a couple of places..)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 13-03-24 14:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used McNett seam grip wp to glue a 'welded' pit zip back into a lightweight gtx jacket. It worked very well, but then the other zip went, and the taping round the neck, so hubby gave me a new jacket for Christmas. Original jacket was about 16 years old anyway.
Got the seam grip from Amazon
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@michaelf, If you want some UltraHold, pop me your addess in a PM and I will put a some in the post (I had to buy 10 yards worth and only used a smidge..!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My jackets don't last long, but I carry seam glue and also patches/ tape.
It's not uncommon for even new stuff to have minor issues with tape etc.
It's just easier to fix it, even if you can force the manufacturer to repair/ replace etc.
Tenacious Tape & McNett Seam Grip are the products I've used, I'm sure other stuff also works great.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the offer @albob but have already pulled the trigger - will report back.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy