Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement ski boot heels and toes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, noticed a lot of wear on my boot heels and toes, Salomon x-pro/w 90
Wasn’t looking forward to customising another pair of boots

A quick google and found ‘Anything Technical Limited’ www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk easy enough website, good pics to compare my old ones arrived within a few days and simple fit both heels and toes

Other than being a happy bunny today no connection with the company
Will pop up to my local shop and at service time have the binding fit rechecked

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 13-03-24 15:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow. Some aren't cheap are they. I've 3d scanned mine with the intention I can then 3d print replacements when required.

PS your link doesn't work.

https://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/products/spares/ski-boot-heels-and-toes/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blacksheep wrote:
Wow. Some aren't cheap are they. I've 3d scanned mine with the intention I can then 3d print replacements when required.

just be a little careful with doing that, remember the sole of a ski boot is made to a specific ISO Norm, this also includes the durometer of the plastic so that the boot releases from the binding correctly, if you are a 3d printing whizz that can insert a different material into your print for the AFD and can get the correct durometer material then crack on, if not, well they are your knees
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yea, I can see working out exactly what material the heal and toe are made out of being tricky without a full materials lab. Certainly in my Uni. days it involved setting fire to the old item and doing a comparative sniff test against reference samples (half of which had "Toxic smoke" warnings!) to identify if you're dealing with a thermoplastic or (more likely) a thermoset and which broad polymer, then lots of hardness tests at different temperatures to get to a particular 'blend' and try to work out what fillers may have been used.

Just crank one out with whatever feedstock's on the 3D printer at the time and you'll likely get some the correct dimensions but made out of a thermoplastic - which might become brittle at sking temperatures, so snap and eject you are random or creep over time until they are out of dimension and start ejecting unexpectedly.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know someone who had their heels replaced by a hire shop in resort very cheaply*. The shop had dozens of spares, which I guess they hold to replace on hire boots still in use, and/or extract from otherwise worn out boots they discard.

(* not sure of exact price, but well under 20 euros).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy