Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

N90 traffic madness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
boredsurfin wrote:
@Origen, Sadly, yes Sad Apparently it was 19c on the balcony in Montalbert and lightly raining yesterday... I'm buying extra sun tan protection for our trip later this month. Maybe I should be packing an umbrella as well Cool

I wished I'd had an umbrella yesterday. It was more than light rain in Plagne Centre. And in first world problems, the temperature is so high that putting things outside the window isn't keeping them chilled.

La Plagne is busier than I've ever seen a ski resort (as someone who's never skied in school holidays). Les Arcs was also busy today.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just came down the mountain from TignesLL , leaving @ 6am, and traffic v light so far. grabbing a coffee in a bar nr Albertville before heading to Lyon hope it stays light for my BiL who's heading the other way later
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was snowing and beginning to settle on the road as we left Arc 2000 but turned to rain soon below. Road quiet on the way down to BSM.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watching this thread with interest as we will be driving from Arc 1800 to Turin airport on Saturday April 6th. We don't need to be in Turin until 7pm so I was hoping we could have a leisurely mid morning check out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Currently on the bus heading to Val D’Isere from Lyon.

Will update later on the time but at the moment it’s saying no major delays Eh oh!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Espace Killy seemed busier than usual for a mid March no school holiday week. I guess the discussion up thread on people having to go high is the cause.
Price of beers seemed to similarly affected and going high too.
Marmotte restaurant just above Folie Douce tho was still priced with a bit of reference to the real world

@fridge03 we might have passed somewhere today. Have a good week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, we were driving to La Plagne from Grenoble at midday. Going the other way did not look good. Where Turin road came in caused some congestion for a mile or so, but worst was Aime to Albertville. Pretty awful. Stop/start all the way. Hope no one missed a connection.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easiest transfer day ever.

Breezed through T5. No queues at Lyon.3 hours 30 to Val D’Isere.

Traffic looked heavy going to the other way but this was about 1pm.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Fridge03, There were very few queues coming up ht e' stairway to heaven' yesterday, so hopefully that will mean the pistes are quieter. Downhill wasn't great, but nothing extraordinary.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We left Tignes Le Lac at 07:45 yesterday (Sat 23rd) and were in GVA airport before 11:00. A bit sticky into the Tunnel du Siaix, and got stuck behind a slow delivery van on the single road stretch into Annecy, but 3h15 isn't that bad. Didn't notice anything too nasty going the other way.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flew up the mountain this afternoon. Sunday transfers rock
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy