Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crit air sticker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Driving to the alps forgot to order my Crit air sticker not planning on visiting major cities do I need it for Tignes or Val Thorens? Probably just going to use the autoroute. I can still purchase the sticker and get an email confirmation but the actual sticker won’t arrive in time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@andyoxon, @andyoxon, the email confirmation will have the QR code on it that will also be on the permanent sticker, but you should be OK without it I think. Check on the Green Zones app, and information from RAC https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not for the ski stations but, depending on your route, if you are diverted off the motorway anywhere near Lyon or Chambéry you might need one. They don't cost much so best to be on the safe side?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replies I’ll order one and just hope a printed out email is sufficient if I have to go through Chambery.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@andyoxon, make sure you order from the official website - it should only be a few euro's (€4.76) there are sites out there charging €30+ handling and admin
https://certificat-air.gouv.fr
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When do you go? Mine arrived 2 days after I ordered it. Better than getting something from the UK.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only needed for parts of Reims, Grenoble and Lyon on routes to Alps.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've never bothered to have one and never needed one, and never even SEEN one in the windscreens of other vehicles...
... however this year i needed to do a drop-off at Geneva, and decided to take the plunge and buy one simply because the French system is accepted/interchangeable to the Swiss system.

.... I drove to the airport and back... didn't need one, didn't see one, waste of time Smile
However... if you DO get stopped and fined... it's nothing to do with me Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jamescollings, new cars have them by default. I drive all the time in Grenoble with a vehicle that is too old to have one, like you, I'm not too bothered. Green claptrap.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had to get my windscreen replaced this week, fortunately with a razor blade you can get it off fairly easily.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Be careful where you stick it or it will be an MOT failure:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/stickers-or-other-items-in-front-and-rear-windscreens/view-to-the-front-and-windscreen-obscuration

Note that the Crit-Air stickers are greater than 40mm in diameter so must not encroach on the swept area of the windscreen.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ordered the sticker it didn’t arrive but we did safely in Tignes now!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy