Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Down Syndrome ski lesson 17year old Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The stars look as if they may align and we hope to go Skiing April 13th 2024 and bring our daughter with Down Syndrome age 17 yrs. Its pre-covid since we last brought her Skiing and then she had strong snowplough and basic parallel on blues. Where in Val Thorn would be recommended for ski school. How is the beginner area in Val Thorens ? Would it be possible to get a companion / assistance with her on slope during the day. All advice appreciated. She attends mainstream school and participates in mainstream classes. Loves dancing gymnastics horse riding etc. Sociable.
Or are any other resorts recommended, ??? We expect to flight into Geneva and out of Turin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Luworst, prosneige - one of the founders is an expert, and very passionate about, adaptive skiing, and any adjustments people might need to enjoy skiing. I think he's retired now, but he set up a good program in the ski school.

Give them a ring and ask about options.

I think Val Thorens is very well set up for beginners - easily accessible green central area, and really nice progression going just a bit out (and back to) the central area a step at a time.

There will also be a LOT of snowheads arriving in Val Tho on the 13th for a week Smile Have a look at the EoSB thread for inspiration, or even to join in if you want! It's very flexible, and sociable.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the advice I will look up Prosneige.
Are we too late to join EOSB ? Are there any other families with beginners going april 13th, Cant make the family bash !!!
We are looking at some last minute deals.
Thanks for any updates.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Luworst, I think the EOSB is still bookable as it’s not showing full. You would need to book flights to Geneva to suit but a transfer will be available from Geneva if your flight times fit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you @geepee. looks a great resort for all.
I will do some research on flights etc.Are there any other families going on EOSB ?
I didnt realise it was still open for booking.
Are there many snowheads going on this trip.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Luworst, there seem to be 167 booked so far on the EoSB. There are twin rooms still available and single rooms at a higher price. I think there are a couple of families coming along. @admin may be able to confirm.

There's also the family bash starting this Saturday with 48 currently signed up but I'm guessing that probably doesn't fit with your plans.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a couple of 10/11yr olds on the EoSB and a 19.
And yes there are a few places remaining but liftpass order needs to go in in a couple of days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sugarmoma666, Thanks Sugarmoma and Admin; We have just booked flights for 3 people booked arrive Geneva on Sat 13th@ 08.50 and depart Turin 21.15 on the 20th ( depart via Orelle lift hope fully). Is it possible to book lardybus one way ?
I am waiting on ski school reply before confirming accommodation/passes. I presume there are no child/lessons attached to this bash??
I have pushed buttons and will register my daughter later this evening. Are there triple rooms available??
Will send pM to Admin.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Luworst, My 15yo daughter doesn’t like social situations and wanted to try snowboarding after years of ski lessons. I contacted Prosneige in VT asking about private lessons for a vulnerable and anxious teenager and then booked, following conversations. Happy to say daughter has given glowing feedback on her instructor from last week. So I think it is incredibly important you talk through your requirements in full and gain reassurance you need.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowmadmum wrote:
@Luworst, My 15yo daughter doesn’t like social situations and wanted to try snowboarding after years of ski lessons. I contacted Prosneige in VT asking about private lessons for a vulnerable and anxious teenager and then booked, following conversations. Happy to say daughter has given glowing feedback on her instructor from last week. So I think it is incredibly important you talk through your requirements in full and gain reassurance you need.

Great to hear that your daughter got on so well.We are looking at booking Prosneige morning group lessons and lunch. If that does not work out will have to go private. !!Really looking forward to the trip. Thanks for the info.It is reassuring to hear glowing feedback
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy