Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard repair help please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My snowboard has taken a beating this season and I really need some help please! Any advice is much appreciated Smile Maybe it's not even worth repairing at this point..?
There are 3 major problems, I have taken pictures of each of them - follow this link to see them https://imgur.com/a/XaFGf0P
1. The base is so dry and I can't get it to absorb wax. It goes grey at the edges after one day riding. I was snowboarding all of last week but before that I did 3 hot waxes, which clearly haven't worked.
2. Metal edge damage. The metal edge right in the middle of my toe edge side got smashed in on a rail, which has also caused the base to bulge. I have no idea how to fix this and am worried this is exposing the core for water damage.
3. Edge damage / split. The main layer of the board has sort of burst open - I am also worried that this is exposing the core for water damage.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 8-04-24 12:21; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mzyem9, save your photos on a photo hosting site (like Imgur) then copy the “forum type” link it creates into your post.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds f@cjed. Get a new one
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mzyem9, welcome to you and your battered board!

1 - firstly - does the grey come off if you scrape it with your fingernail? If it does it could just be wax that wasn't scraped off from your last waxing. Get a base cleaner and leave the board in the sun to properly warm it up, then give it a proper clean. Then do a rewax, again getting that base good and hot. Make sure your scraper is sharp too as that really helps.

2 & 3 - These can be repaired but it's probably a professional job as you really need to cut the damaged section of edge material and the bulged base out and replace it. Probably best to get a quote and see if the repair is worth the expense to you. I had a smallish (2") one done on a board of mine and I think it cost me something like CA$120 (but that was a long time ago now), but that board was almost new, so it was worth it to me, and if fairness that patch held up for the rest of that boards life.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @ster @hang11 @Richard_Sideways

I have uploaded some pics here https://imgur.com/a/XaFGf0P
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
2 and 3 can probably be done. I had similar (possibly worse) on my powder board and my local (LD Mountain centre in Newcastle) have it looking good as new. I paid about £50 for the repair so much cheaper than a new board

As for 1. Maybe a base grind may sort?

Basically get it to a snowboard tech and they’ll tell you if it’s salvageable but I’m sure the delam will be a case of epoxy, clamp, file…. Fixed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How old is it? (im not up on Bataleon) if its over 3 years id just buy a new board and be done with it
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy