Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts Near St. Moritz & Guide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It looks like I will be going to St. Moritz from a Saturday to Saturday in late Feb/ early March in 2025. I won't have a car so I was wondering if there are any non-St. Moritz ski resorts within striking distance for a day trip while there in case if I get bored skiing the pistes at various St. Moritz mountains or for a few days afterwards. I will be flying into and from Zurich. Bivio looks like an option, but it is small.

Additionally, does anyone know of a guiding company for downhill off-piste skiing where I as one person could join a group? Me hiring a guide myself is incredibly outside my budget it isn't even funny.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimachine, plenty to do in St. Moritz for a week, but if you want something different then Pontressina/Bernina Pass/Diavolezza and Piz Lagalb are absolutely worth a visit. Diavolezza for the off piste run down the the Morteratsch Glacier. A different kind of skiing. Lagalb on a powder day is simply fantastic!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
P.S I really hope the Morteratsch run still exists. I know they have been battling to keep the glacier viable... I was last there in winter about 30 years ago
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, I was considering Corviglia, Corvatsch and Diavolezza/Lagalb as part of St. Moritz.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimachine, St Moritz is fairly isolated, nothing else of note ski related nearby. You can get to Klosters using the train but it takes a while (generally have to change) and probably too far for a days ski trip. Davos is in theory possible but the trip is probably of more appeal to train enthusiasts than skiers. Geographically Livigno is not far but the pass at the southern end is usually closed in winter and the other access is via a one way road tunnel, there are buses from Zernez but not practical for a one day ski trip.

If you are really keen on guided off piste there are better options such as Arlberg, Verbier or Zermatt, other places too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimachine wrote:
Sorry, I was considering Corviglia, Corvatsch and Diavolezza/Lagalb as part of St. Moritz.
In that case you have more than enough to keep you busy for a week. As stated, there is not much else nearby, esp without car.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy