Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drinking age in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Chaletbeauroc, I should have specified in France (or Italy) ... I've been evicted by closing pisteurs more than once ...although, I suppose, local/regional rules, etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
under a new name wrote:
Unless it's accessible on foot?

The advert for it on the local radio station claims that it is, also by snowmobile (presumably for a large fee).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name,
Quote:

@terrygasson, as an aside, I'm surprised there's a bar "on the slopes" open beyond piste closure hours? Unless it's accessible on foot?

(or at the bottom of a piste) ...?

obviously slightly different to the one in VT that is mainly accessible via the slopes as you can/could get there via foot/resort bus, the one that stands out to me is the Rond Point in meribel, many an early (on my day off) evening spent there during apres and navigating the piste afterwards on skis!!!
though it was not unknown for a lot of chalet girls to arrive by bus in the afternoon and "poubelle" back down on bin bags on their days off, actually the only injuries i knew of occurred via this method Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@terrygasson, oh, yes, back in the day (89/90/91) we used to spend Friday apres ski at the top of the local mountain and then run our own torchlit descents for our clients. Obviously everyone a bit squiffy.

Only ever lost one client. Shocked

But anywhere I regularly ski these days the on mountain establishments are emptied by the pisteurs as they close each run.

Only place that I can imagine being an exception might be the Folie Douce above la Daille?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Yeah we'd be their Guardians while on the trip - interestingly you're advised to take a consent letter with you in case challenge at the border.

You will also require a letter giving you authority to authorise medical treatment in case it is needed.

Thanks for this, i mean hopefully not needed but this is the kinda thing thats important if it should happen.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Adding to the ‘good old days’ vide here’s a true story … although not about skiing

First time I went to Folembray with a motorcycle training company we found what was, essentially, a race track in someone’s (large) garden.

The track was in dreadful condition with large ruts in innopportune places but it was still fun … except for one unfortunate who hit one at speed and launched his bike onto the armco (fortunately, he was fine - the bike not).

The circuit closed for one hour at lunch and we repaired to the dining room … where two carafes of wine had been place on every table ! The owner of the training company immediately told us all not to touch it and went to remonstrate with the track owner … who responded with incredulity that such a small amount of wine could be considered a problem ! The wine was duly removed … but the owner was still rather bemused as to why his hospitality had been rejected. I mean, surely piloting unstable, high speed machines around a rutted racetrack could only be enhanced by a glass or two of wine !

PS. The owner of the training company was also a serving police officer at the time
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy