Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@noodlehat, tbh it doesn't promising in terms of the shop. So there was no customisation? Footbed?

Reason I ask, is yeah it could be wrong size, equally it could be the boot just needs customising. Although that usually works better in terms of punching out.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
noodlehat wrote:
<CUT>

As an aside is there difference in the half Mondo sizes? Ie 27 Vs 27.5? I read previously there's not? Is it just the liner being thicker/ thinner but same shell?

I believe that is correct - same shell ; maybe a different foot board/inner to change the size
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
noodlehat wrote:
@olderscot, thanks, yeah I think it's at least 25mm but haven't got accurate way to measure really. I've emailed the shop but they're a 2hr drive from home so not ideal!

As an aside is there difference in the half Mondo sizes? Ie 27 Vs 27.5? I read previously there's not? Is it just the liner being thicker/ thinner but same shell?

27.0/27.5 is the same shell, same liner and either a thicker insole in the 27.0 or the same insole and a volume reducer shim supplied in the box (many brands now size the boot on the box as 27.0/27.5 and provide the volume reducer)

either way unless you have a very big heel instep perimeter 25mm is going to be on the generous side for anyone (there are exceptions to the rule but they are not many)

i really does sound like the boot is too big but without someone seeing it and confirming anything else is guesswork
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
noodlehat wrote:

Depends on the brand really. It's always the case that one shell fits two sizes, but that breaks down differently. Tecnica for example has one shell for 26.5/27 and the next size up for 27.5/28. So 27 vs 27.5 in Tecnica are indeed two different shells and sole lengths. Most other brands do 27/27.5, 28/28.5, etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tristero wrote:
noodlehat wrote:

Depends on the brand really. It's always the case that one shell fits two sizes, but that breaks down differently. Tecnica for example has one shell for 26.5/27 and the next size up for 27.5/28. So 27 vs 27.5 in Tecnica are indeed two different shells and sole lengths. Most other brands do 27/27.5, 28/28.5, etc.

what model of boots are you looking at.... i can assure you all their alpine boots are 26.0/26.5 then 27.0/27.5 as is the norm
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy