Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First snow in Montalbert La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing this afternoon in Montalbert 08/11/2006 wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 22-11-06 12:53; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 brian
brian
boredsurfin, any idea what the temperature is there ? Should be well above freezing I'd have thought ???

(assuming that's village level)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, On the webcam at 8.30 it looked like there was a hard frost but the above pic was taken at 3.36pm so I guess it must have stayed cold all day. Smile

Yep, village level 1350m and North facing slope.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Hmmm, it was 11.1 degrees in B-St-M at 16h local, maybe they're just playing with the guns.

That is from today, right ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian wrote:
Hmmm, it was 11.1 degrees in B-St-M at 16h local, maybe they're just playing with the guns.

That is from today, right ?

There's a date stamp at the top of the webcam photo. Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is that snow coming out of the guns? Looks like water spray to me.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Ain't nuthin white there now, anyways rolling eyes

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Doh! Maybe tomorrow Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't worrry it will be here soon! Bit like this baby....... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, you had me excited ....and thats not good Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, I suggest you take up grass skiing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or water skiing - there's a lovely fall line in the ditch.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It takes ages and ages for the cannons to start making a visual impression on the ground snow-wise. I presume making snow when it doesn't settle has some other useful purpose - don't know what it is though, but they seem to be doing it everywhere.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That ditch is a groove made by those who have fallen off the drag lift being pulled kicking and screaming up to the top Twisted Evil
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redrunmarcus, Isn't that where, after copious amounts of apres in a certain bar, you feel invincible and fancy one last run of the day and decide to climb up on foot only to find that it is a bit too icy at 11pm?? Isn't that what makes that ditch?? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
A number of French resorts open in a week or two and there's barely a flake of snow on the ground or in the 10-day forecast. Some resorts, like Val d'Isere and Val Thorens, must be starting to sweat a bit.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The current MetO FAX for Sunday suggests a few flakes for the weekend. Only a few mind.
snow report
skanky, I wish you hadn't said that. If boredsurfin gets so excited because they test the snow cannons, how unbearable will he be when it actually starts to snow?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, Good point. And I can tell you the answer. VERY VERY indeed.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, LOOK this was taken on the 28th (Last Year) only 20 days away Toofy Grin

snow report
borednotsnowin, I bet you have at least one photo for every day don't you rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro wrote:
borednotsnowin, I bet you have at least one photo for every day don't you rolling eyes

Laughing

No! what a thing to suggest! Shocked

snow conditions
Whitegold, I suspect we all are. We've got lovely weather, warmer than for the Mondial .... Not really November at all. A bit worrying Sad
snow report
easiski, on a selfish level I almost want to say good - it would have been so annoying to have missed a big dump by a few days. wink but I won't. How long have you got to get something down and settled for the start of the season proper?

We've got temperatures heading down to freezing here on the Fens over the next few days, proper autumnal weather at last.
There doesn't seem to be the even-ness of teh seasons anymore, we seem to be prone to sudden bouts of hot spells mixed in with cold ones with big swings between the 2.
snow report
boredsurfin, do you have one for about 10am on 03/04/06?
latest report
Ha, I win

latest report

SNAP

I win Very Happy
snow report
ARGGHHhhh ! It was just an essay...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, Well, we open this year on 2nd December. Hopefully things will start to happen soon and we'll be OK. At least we have the glacier ... Very Happy
snow report
Ray Zorro, .....judging by that lens......the ...Snotman, striketh..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I hope you all realise that all the photo from mont we can see we be on the pin board in boredsufin office.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

and during the summer he turns the board over for the summer shots!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
latest report
ntfarmer wrote:
I hope you all realise that all the photo from mont we can see we be on the pin board in boredsufin office.

Que??
snow conditions
ntfarmer, actually hasn't he had wallpaper made up of webcam shots from last season?
snow conditions
Red Leon, What the cheeky ntFarmer means is I have several pictures of Montalbert in my office snowHead
ski holidays
Mouth, and just what are you going to paper the Nursery with wink Laughing
ski holidays
The Nursery is photos of trappers Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
skanky, I wish you hadn't said that. If boredsurfin gets so excited because they test the snow cannons, how unbearable will he be when it actually starts to snow?

Sorry. I'll keep quiet.
snow conditions
Todays snow is at Col petit St Bernard Very Happy

As seen from Montalbert Toofy Grin

snow report
Blimey, they must have a long lens on their webcam!
ski holidays
rob@rar, There is also a Zoom that goes beyond Les Arc to Le Grand et petit Assaly

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/webcam_panoramique.htm The Zoom 'windows are slightly out of line at the mo!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy