Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My first time on the slopes, What are the rules?

Poster: A snowHead
Whitegold, Seems you may have opened a can of worms, However thanks to everyone for all your comments I shall look back at this thread once I have sprug it on the wife
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OMG...!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I do not believe no one has said "don’t eat yellow snow" yet.

Your all slipping it must be the time of year.
snowHead rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And on teh weight thing - work out your weight in kilos before you get to the shop!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slippy, how did Mrs Slippy like her present?

Does your lack of posting mean that it was badly received?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
eng_ch wrote:
And on teh weight thing

Whhhoo getting all leet there Emma wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, She was over the moon, she has been very excited for two days and we have been out shopping yesterday!! I wasn't to happy about that.. The crowds were unreal. Thank for asking. Now we just have to prey for some more snow, however schladming seems to be the better place out of most so far. I see on one of the site it is 76% open because of the cannons. How was your Xmas Ray..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Second the recommendation on clipping toenails and for suncream and lip protection. Don't forget sunglasses.

I'd recommend some practice falling over as soon as you're on the piste. If, at a later point, you're gaining speed as you ski, sometimes throwing yourself to the ground is the best /safest stopping technique, and you should not be afraid of it.

Ibuprofen and/or aspirin (after eating) can help tired muscles and aching joints.

DON'T try to compete with / patronise your wife! Sometimes women take more time but learn a better technique.

Ice hockey should definitely help with lateral and fore-aft balance.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slippy, excellent news, and at last you don't have to keep it secret anymore Very Happy .

My christmas was great thanks, a good family occasion Very Happy I thought I might do some work today, but am just thinking about my trip to Cervinia instead and getting nothing done rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
slippy, if your learning to board your going to spend a lot of time sitting on your backside.. which will get wet.. you will then sit on said wet rear end in various bars .. after a few days of this your butt will give up the ghost and go bright red and start to smart.. may i reccomend an application of 'sudocream' in the morning for potential wetarse learners .. also always have an anti dump pill in your pocket at all times.. the chalky diacalm ones are handyas you can break em in half.. eating rich food, doing loads of exercise at altitude, boozing a lot can cause the novice a few problems.. and if your not a great skier you could be fair while from the nearest lav.. and if your in some places in france you really dont want to be using said lavs late in the day..
this is stuff you really NEED to know
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slippy, just looked at the webcams and it looks pretty good at the moment. The last mountain of the 4 on the lift pass (Hauser Kaibling) is showing 40cm at the bottom (728m) and the others have between 20 and 40cm at the bottom so that is good news for you Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CANV CANVINGTON, Thks for the advice... My wife is an aussie and a very good surfer,Ray Zorro, Do you think she'd be better learning to board instead of Ski?

Ray Zorro, It does look ok Very Happy , a few people have said to expect more snow between 3-7 Jan. Also that the resort will get a bit quieter by then too. I'm Pleased you had a nice xmas.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear proper ski socks (a lot of newbies don't amazingly) and do not make the basic error of going for thick socks thinking they will be warmer. Thin ski socks will keep your feet warmer and more comfortable.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="Ray Zorro"]I've used this set for a while now.
2. When in a lift queue, hold your poles, one in each hand, and using your index finger and thumb, bend over and unclip your boots, (the clips, not the bindings).
[/quote]

I'd add the following to this splendid list:-

1. When you are using a T-bar, put your poles in one hand, then make sure you use both hands to grab the T-bar, thereby walloping the other person who is trying to get on it with you in the face with your poles. That way you get the T-bar to yourself Toofy Grin

2. If you are going to a snowdome or anywhere else with a moving carpet type escalator, make sure you stop and turn round to talk to your friends just as you get to the top. This way you get the slope to yourself while the rest of the punters are untangling themselves from the ensuing pile-up.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
how did christmas day go then slippy, did the surprise, er... surprise her? or did she think you were taking the wee wee and dump you on the spot?
latest report
Nick_C wrote:
eng_ch wrote:
And on teh weight thing

Whhhoo getting all leet there Emma wink

Brin's gone totally AWOL this week - care to explain Nick? (Adding a Wink because I'm not taking offence at anything and a Puzzled because I dunno what you're on about Laughing)
snow conditions
Sorry but it was a bit of a obscure joke,

Among the online gaming community, the kids think it's OK/smart to miss spell words. the most common one is "the" which is spelt teh

more leet speak here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet
latest report
Nick_C, oh right. Nowt so sophisticated I'm afraid - I just type too fast!
snow conditions
Ok guys, here's an update myself and mrs slippy arrived on sunday and have now had 3 private lessons.. It has been really good and we are hoping to visit schladming tomorrow.. Seem to be picking up ok but have taken some footage to post when we return home.

Weather is now really suffering in Ramseu though (most of it is south facing and we have had some really warm days).
Will keep you all posted. All you advice has come in real handy

Spk soon
ski holidays
"but have taken some footage to post when we return home". No,no, no! Colin Jackson is still in therapy following the slating that his ski technique got on this website.
snow conditions
slippy, please forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but I must add one teensy weensy thing.

If/when you fall, and someone skis by dusting you with snow, and yelling out a score for the technique of your demonstration, you can assume that person is a friend and you can later return the favor when you witness said friend demonstrating his/her own wipe out. Laughing
snow report
Ray Zorro,

I have cried with laughter at the advice you gave to slippy. So, so, so true.

19 days to go and counting!!!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy