Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Lessons suck"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
easiski wrote:
veeeight, I would go further (but it may be the geography). I reckon in winter about 80% on peeps on any given slope at any given time, are skiing badly, or at best not very correctly. In summer this is completely reversed, and it's amazing!

Tignes is similar in November; a high proportion of very good skiers and a small number of punters like me. Enjoyable, but a bit intimidating when you ride the cable car with a bunch of guys with 215cm DH boards who know how to use them properly!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, that is if you can see the good skiers in the blizzard. I couldn't even see John, our instructor, at times last November!

They may be good skiers, but I got a bit fed up of them trampling on my skis and then elbowing me off the T-bar so they could ride with their mates Sad The exception was one complete gentleman (French), but I get a bit intimidated when the place is full of good skiers who are also arrogant, rude and bigger than me (well, almost all except the kids are bigger than me).

I do a bit of both in terms of learning - I like to watch and imitate good skiers, but sometimes I don't know what is good and what isn't, and also I need somebody to give me a tip as to how to achieve the skill that I'm trying to imitate. I like a mixture of lessons and free skiing and practice. Quite often I'll do free skiing and not know why I can't achieve something. Five minutes with a good instructor, and he or she will immediately tell me what I'm doing wrong, and give me a way of getting it right. I've generally found that steady progress is made by practice and imitation, and the quantum leaps come from a private lesson. I need both.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
docsquid wrote:
rob@rar, that is if you can see the good skiers in the blizzard. I couldn't even see John, our instructor, at times last November!

Laughing I know what you mean, it can be a bit nasty at that altitude at any time of year (although compared to the previous two trips I'd done during November the weather when we were out there was very tame with relatively warm temperatures and not much wind Shocked )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
docsquid, You have a point, but I find the kids the worst. the adults we get here don't push too much. The kids and espoirs though get a good bo**ocking from me if they misbehave! The sad fact is that if they're not obnoxious an push they wont be agressive enough to get anywhere, but I feel the trainers could do more in the way of manners.

However, how can you even compare seeing thousands of people leaning back, straight legs, rotating everything, having no actual direction in their turns (just a slightly altered sideslip), to seeing hundreds of top clas skiers?????
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy