Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic SX:10B5 versus Salomon Equipe GC Series

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These are my options for Easter in Obergurgl.

I am an early intermediate - very happy on blues and some reds.

What do you think and why?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter

Can I ask where you are planning to rent from?

Thanks
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Intersport Riml Obergurgl. Is this a good or not so good thing? Better options?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've no idea we rented from one of the others last year and were not especially impressed. My daughter broke a pole and we had to pay €19 and yet we met others who had lost/broken poles or lost a helmet and were not charged a thing. I was thinking this year we would go to intersport.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Leuzzi, I tried some Salomon Equipes last year, and they're excellent piste skis, probably among the best that they make, however they aren't at all forgiving.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My dad took Equipes out and after three days gave up and got some Rossi B2's - I wouldn't really recommend them from this unless you want an aggressive carving ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi, The SX:10B5 is a great piste ski which gives back plenty when you drive it but is still a good afternoon cruiser for tired legs - however length selection is important so you don't get too much ski so how heavy/tall are you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, 5' 10" and 14'3". What you thinking?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter Leuzzi, You need to be able to flex the ski properly otherwise it will be too much for you. For an early intermediate this ability is likely to be done more by your weight than by technique. With your stats you'll have no problem flexing the SX:10B5 providing you don't ski it too long. Choose the 166cm as a maximum but the 159cm is an even better option as it will be more controllable for you & aid in your advancement.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FYI - I ended up going with the Salomon's at 164 (or 162??) and they were absolutely brilliant on piste skis. I was amazed how much they assisted my skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy