Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Military Fitness

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been? I'm thinking of going to the free trial session tomorrow morning!! Eek!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, did it for a month or so, if you can run it's not too bad - I can't although I did manage a mile in about 12 minutes by the end. I also bult up some arm muscle (Btw, I'm a girl). It was too tough for me, but that's cos I don't exercise at all. I packed it in parlty because the time was really inconvenient and winter was drawing near and I felt running on the grass in Hyde Park in the dark was too dangerous - their suggestion was bring a strap on headlamp rolling eyes

anyway, let us know how you get on
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FAT
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What are you referring to if you don't mind me asking?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton, who...me?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.britmilfit.com/

So I went this morning!! Now absolutely knackered... can hardly walk, and my arms feel so heavy (from the 100s of press ups and burpees) that I can't write... But I loved it, and will definitely be joining up! Feel great now. Thoroughly recommend it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, Oh what a shame, there are none near me Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno, Me neither. As you said, what a shame ...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some us still have no choice, but to maintain military fitness test levels. (at least until 45!)
But good way to get good level of fitness IMO, do they also 'motivate' you ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Odin, to be honest a lot of people said they did, but they didn't motivate me - they just made me realise the differnece between those that, for example, coudl do a press-up and me - I genuinely tried my damndest, and have never been able to do a single one, but there was no help with technique. I ran till was nearly sick and thought I was going to pass out ..... and I hated every minute of it.

Hats off to those who can do it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, Not on basic training are you ? wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Odin, I'm nearly old enough to be retired on full military pension - maybe that's got something to do with it rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never heard of this before. Looks like a laugh (from a civvi point of view). I left the army after five years in '89 so not for me anymore Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There was help with technique today for those who needed it. But I think as a starting point you would need to be able to do a couple of press ups, sit ups etc. Although i did meet a guy today who was about 60 ish, he'd been going 2 and a half years and now goes 5 times a week (!). He said when he first started he couldn't even do a press up, having had a break of about 40 years without any exercise.

I think it's going to be a great way for me to get fitter than I've ever been - it motivates you so much more than you ever could motivate yourself. Like personal training, but cheaper, in a group, and using the outdoors rather than a gym.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

coudl do a press-up and me - I genuinely tried my damndest, and have never been able to do a single one,

holidayloverxx, I'm glad I'm not alone - I always thought there was something wrong with me because I have never been able to do a press - not a single one. Yet, my arms are not overly weak with the milking that I do everyday.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Megamum, I can't do a press up either. Well, the up bit is OK but halfway down my arms give way and I fall on my nose rolling eyes .
ski holidays
Megamum, maggi, start with girls ones... or if they are too hard start against the wall... slowly work up to harder ones...

I like using physio ball because you just roll ball further out to make the support further away... but you do need some core stability for them
snow conditions
little tiger, tried some of that - just can't do it. can do sit-ups and burpees though Very Happy
snow report
holidayloverxx, Yeah, and life's too short to care Laughing .
snow conditions
maggi, hence only doing it for a month Laughing
ski holidays
Can do sit-ups till the cows come home due to my stomach muscles being really strong, which is due to hiking out while sailing. My arms are pretty strong from sailing too, and climbing, and all the lifting I do, weights etc I am fine with, but press-ups I struggle with, no idea why. Puzzled
snow report
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
press-ups I struggle with, no idea why. Puzzled

Jules, that's because you're a girl. Men are designed to take the weight on their arms and girls are designed to lay back and enjoy Little Angel wink .
snow conditions
Some of it is to do with technique. Having your hands in the right place helps a lot. I mean this both in a literal sense, and in a double entendre sense following the last post. wink

Apart from that it's practice, and repetitions. It's ok to start at full length, then go to your knees as you get tired (fnar fnar!), but don't cross your ankles, that's cheating. Very Happy
ski holidays
And when you're good enough to do it with one hand
snow report
crazy_skier_jules, leaving aside maggi's DISGUSTING smut, it is indeed because you're a girl - more weight at the hips and less upper body strength than a man.

Having just tried it, I discover that I can do five.
ski holidays
I am in so muh pain today, particularly upper body. Every muscle is EXCRUTIATING! Feels good though Twisted Evil
snow report
beanie1, Key to good military running, according to the blokes in the bar, is the warm down and stretching before and after the run and finally a luke warm then cold shower! followed by 3 pints of Stella. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy