Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chairman of 2006 Turin Winter Olympics resigns

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

The Chairman of the 2006 Winter Olympics, Valentino Castellani, has resigned - within hours of greeting the start of ticket sales on 4 November when he announced: "The Turin 20th Winter Olympic Games are under way, Italy and Turin in particular are getting ready to welcome sports fans from around the world".
This thread on our sister forum has more

[Edit: This story has been upgraded to snowNews, due to its importance. You can post comment below, or on www.snowracers.net ]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, word is that he resents the"intromission" of the Central Governement, with the appointment of Mr. Pescante (I think) as Commissioner/inspector/supervisor, following the funds hole scandal.
Underneath the surface it may be more complicated than that.
Political can be the main reason.
The Central Governement, as many well know, is Center Right (conservative) and the prime minister MR. Berlusconi likes to have everything under control.
The Regional governement of Piedmont is also Center Right, but the main TOROC partner is the Turin city council, of which MR. Castellani was the MAyor, and its Center left (as you see, the words Left and Right, with all its political meanings have been mellowed Italian-style by adding Center, both sides autonomally doing it and the newspapers joining in)
So, in short, the left is trying to show that they can do something, while the right wholeheartedly disagree...
So far, I've not been impressed by the "Center-Left" performances. BUT
Last week the Italian President, Mr. Ciampi, released a Call-to-the-Arms for everyone,left and right, arguing that the Italian honour was at stake.
I agree with him, what I can't stand more than everything else is loss-of-face.
There are so many hard working, above the parts, people, that the simple idea of having to "suffer" as the results of stupid political tit-for-tat is making my blood to boil.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aaand, He's now backpedalled...announcing that he's available to stay...
All the more to think there's an "internal political agenda" behind this "ballet"...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Matteo, beat you to it Wink ... you may be in Italy, but snowRacers is first with all the scoops Very Happy - check the thread at www.snowracers.net
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy