Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whose going where over Christmas and New Year

Poster: A snowHead
NatalieG, Well there appears to be snow at the moment!

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arabba over newyear, cairngorm, glenshee, lecht or the clash around christmas depending on snow conditions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sharkymark, thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ooh, and Peter Ross. Didn't see that over the page... How exciting!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave Horsley, I was thinking of the Dolomites for the New Year, what's Arabba like. Are you going on a package or DIY?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be in Alpe D'huez for Christmas week after a cheeky 3 day ski at the boot camp in Tignes on the 9th.

Peter Ross, I saw your comment about Melbourne getting hot-we had hail there last Christmas day i think it was warmer over here than there then about 4 days later it was mid 30's-it really lives upto its reputation of 'four seasons in one day'.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
SnowHead Bash in Devon

That'll be the back bowls of Dartmoor I presume wink

No, just outside Axminster, no skiing, just Apres Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Atomic_Mick, The weather can change rapidly for sure based on experience from my trips there but when it's hot it really is hot, and I'm not just talking the middle of summer, even in their October it can be roasting. In Ireland if we have hail we'd never have 30+C within a week, I think it has never been 30+ in Ireland!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ireland-thats another place with a great climate wink i visited some of my relations in Carrickfergus when i was younger and there was this prominent hill between there and Belfast with some kind of monument on top of it that the locals called 'the knocker' and the saying went that if you could see the top of the knocker it was gonna rain and if you couldn't see the top then it was raining! NehNeh i wonder where Frank Carson got his jokes from Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get yourself to Tignes for New Year, they are having a free party. Last year there were 10,000 people there, they have 2 superstar DJ's, fireworks & a light show and all that kinda thing! Its gonna be awesome! Rock on.

http://www.tignes.net/GB_nouvel-an-2008.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've have just booked flights to Venice from Dec 30th to Jan 7th, now need to decide where to go? It is going to be somewhere on the Sella Ronda but not sure where, any suggestions? Will have some beginners in the group so a good ski school would be good. I would like to be near the XXL snow park in Seiseralm but want to be in a lively location apres ski wise.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
France - Valmorel at Christmas and Austria at the end of January

Can't wait.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Super Eagle, whereabouts in Austria Super Eagle? I'll heading back to Saalbach with a group largely consisting of snowHead Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zermatt ... avoiding snowHead snowHead snowHead ( or are there only two Evertonians?) wink
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
Mosha Marc wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
SnowHead Bash in Devon

That'll be the back bowls of Dartmoor I presume wink

No, just outside Axminster, no skiing, just Apres Laughing

I hope they have the magic carpet working this year, or will I need to rely on a beer moped?
snow report
Peter Ross, went to Arabba in march a couple of years ago, skiing ok and plenty of it but Arabba was VERY quiet at night. Went to the Dolomites last New year and the snow on piste was good, they have excellent snow making.

Unfortunately still suffering a bad neck after car accident 8 weeks ago so looks like I will be left home alone this New Year Crying or Very sad Fingers crossed I will be ok for late Jan but I fear that could be wishful thinking. Any miracle cures welcome
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
Zermatt ... avoiding snowHead snowHead snowHead ( or are there only two Evertonians?) wink

4 at the last count, Argenterre.
latest report
Skiing in LDA over christmas....then DIY shops in Grenoble...then skiing over New Year.....followed by bathroom DIY....then home on the 5th Jan rolling eyes

If anyone's up for watching The Queens Speech, The Snowman or Only Fools and Horses on christmas day at our apartment....entrance fee will be a bottle of bubbly, mince pie and a paint brush Laughing
snow conditions
Home for Xmas, Laax for NY
ski holidays
Nik, Thanks for the info, I assume you have a whiplash injury, these can be very slow to heal without the right care. I'd suggest you look for a good Chiropractor to help, my fiance is one but she's in Dublin!
ski holidays
LDA from 22nd to 29th December staying in Scubaski's catered apartment: skiing/boarding, no need for a non-drinking driver, no washing up, no cooking.......can't think why we don't just stay at home Laughing
latest report
FenlandSkier,

Flying out from Manchester on the 22nd Dec at 07.00 So Chucky and me should be sat at the airport from about 04.00.

On the 26th Jan flying out from Doncaster. Looking forward to that as it's only 10 mins from my house and the flight path is also over the house.

France = Valmorel

Austria = Niederau. Not much ski terrain but it was very cheap and Soll ski area or The Zillertal Valley are not far away.
ski holidays
FenlandSkier,

Following your recent confession I assume a few wink wink Shocked are a little worried about the sleeping arrangements.
latest report
Super Eagle, a few snowHead were already worried when the twin rooms I booked for Geneva last season turned out to be doubles Shocked
snow report
FenlandSkier, Trouble is when it came to throwing the 'car keys' in to sort out sleeping partners you never seem able to find yours Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Whistler - Out 29/12 back 12/1

One month tomorrow!
snow report
Oberlech next week Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Five days of switch off the brain, feed me, take care of these children for me. Mmmmh.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arlberg wrote:
Agenterre wrote:

I hope you're not away for any matches.....I'd hate to see the Gwladys Street with only 3 people in it wink
snow conditions
Elizabeth B wrote:
arlberg wrote:
Agenterre wrote:

I hope you're not away for any matches.....I'd hate to see the Gwladys Street with only 3 people in it wink

3 Evertonians are worth 10 000 kopites!!! Blue
latest report
arlberg wrote:

3 Evertonians are worth 10 000 kopites!!! Blue

Ah.....so that's why your club is in financial difficulty wink
latest report
Elizabeth B .. We must never forget ... we are run by a tosser .. but true US-Style bankruptcy needs experts ..from Pennsylvania
snow conditions
I've secured accommodation so I'm going to be in Ortisei/St Ulrich in Val Gardena for New Year. If anyone snowHead are up that way let me know and we could meet up
ski holidays
Les 2 Alpes for New YEar, can't wait!
snow report
Hopefully going to our apartment in Grimentz for our first family holiday there. Assuming it's finished & the furniture turns up.
latest report
ssnowman wrote:
Hopefully going to our apartment in Grimentz for our first family holiday there. Assuming it's finished & the furniture turns up.

Oh, how well do I recall that feeling...........
snow report
Christmas with my Daughter in Edinburgh (but probably not taking skis Sad )

Skiiing the week after new year (Flying out on the 5th to Innsbruck for a week in Zell am Ziller)
snow report
 brian
brian
ssnowman, I recall that feeling too, fantastic if slightly nervous, when are you heading out ? We're going out for a family pre-xmas long weekend, a bit of a ski and meet Pere Noel. 6 sleeps to go !
ski holidays
Quote:

We're staying in the Hotel Terrace which also sounds a bit alarming but in a funny way (with after dinner entertainment by the staff!).

NatalieG, do report back please... Very Happy
snow report
brian, my wife & I are there on 17th & 18th December and then we're back again on 26th for a week, with the kids.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy