Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Famous People you've seen on the Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Jerry, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
little tiger wrote:
You Raang?, who the heck is Eric Cantona?

http://freespace.virgin.net/tony.smith/cantona.htm

Quote:
There may be people reading this who don't know who Eric Cantona is. For these readers (who probably live outside Europe, or have just returned from a very long trip around the Solar System), this page offers an introduction to the phenomenon that is Cantona.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FenlandSkier, Laughing ....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, We are not an arrogant nation... we are quite happy to allow the use of the name the inhabitants of the city use
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skiied with several famous authors on the slopes, including Steve Hulquist, Weems Westfeld, LisaMaria Mercer, Eric DesLaurier and Martin Bell. Apart from them, I think JP Auclair is one of the only other famous people I've met. There was another person (reasonably famous in her home nation) called Lisa, who was a ski racer. We met on the slopes... and then dated for a few months.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
little tiger, dunno, my mate who owns a bar in Dubrovnik gets lots of Irish in and says the ones with a few quid are very arrogant
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier wrote:
You Raang?, Laughing have you met him as well as George Best then?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
little tiger, oh, I expect you refer to Milano, then, not to mention Roma, Venezia and Firenze? rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlatanefc, I'm not Irish Toofy Grin

and I'd agree with him... Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlatanefc wrote:
little tiger, dunno, my mate who owns a bar in Dubrovnik gets lots of Irish in and says the ones with a few quid are very arrogant

Ahem. There's a BIG difference between working in Ireland and being Irish.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My word, the wonderful, cosmopolitan, well-informed, good-humoured, well-adjusted world of snowHeads. What a constant delight it is. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle wrote:
Firenze
He missed a sitter for Barnsley yesterday rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jerry, rolling eyes (gimme a break, I've only just about heard of David Beckham. Though, in mitigation, I'd also heard of Eric Cantona.)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
My word, the wonderful, cosmopolitan, well-informed, good-humoured, well-adjusted world of snowHeads. What a constant delight you are

Thanks Hurtle. I know you're talking about me.

If you'd met me on the slopes, you could have made a relevant post in this thread. (insert appropriate smilie here)

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 25-11-07 23:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shocked Hurtle in soccer groupie shock!!!!!!
latest report
Firenze....that's the name of the pepperoni pizza at the local takeaway
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

If you'd met me on the slopes, you could have made a relevant post in this thread.

Wot, you mean because you're as numbingly boring as Prince Charles and Tara Palmer-Tomkinson? wink
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

If you'd met me on the slopes, you could have made a relevant post in this thread.

Wot, you mean because you're as numbingly boring as Prince Charles and Tara Palmer-Tomkinson? wink

Who are they? I've never heard of them. What user names do they use on snowHeads? Wink
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

Or as talented as Michael Milton??
snow report
Funny old world, most of my European friends and colleagues wouldn’t know the correct pronunciation or spelling for our glorious capital city if it slapped them in the face with a wet fish supper but I dont let it get me down Twisted Evil

Back on topic once saw Chris Evens many moons ago but it was getting on a transfer bus at Lyon
snow report
Elizabeth B, did he win X-factor this year?
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, Wear The Fox Hat, Is there a wind-up smiley? Tsk, tsk.
latest report
Hurtle, I'm not sure....but if there is, then I should just make it my signature snowHead
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Elizabeth B, Wear The Fox Hat, Is there a wind-up smiley? Tsk, tsk.

I'll ask Trevor Bayliss if he's invented one yet. (edited to put the right name in)
snow report
Hurtle, yes... and for the next Olympics we will even say Beijing not Peking!

Also please note what the FIS uses for their Olympic results... but why would we stick with the conventions of the sport the guy competes in?

You also forget my home city is the largest Greek speaking city after Athens... We have multiple Greek newspapers...
We close the city streets when Italy wins the Football(soccer) World Cup - to allow the party free reign...

We are not an insular people... we respect the backgrounds of those that come to our shores.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 26-11-07 0:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
...found it for you Hurtle...

ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

Trevor Bayliss

Puzzled
I've heard of Trevor Bailey.
latest report
Hurtle, OK, it's Baylis, not Bayliss
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B wrote:

Or as talented as Michael Milton??

Certainly not as tough

Quote:
WEDNESDAY 10 OCTOBER 2007: After a major operation and ten days in hospital, Paralympic champion and Australia's fastest ever skier, Michael Milton, checked out of hospital yesterday having all but beaten cancer for the second time.

The operation to remove Milton's oesophagus and the malignant tumour within took place on Saturday 29 September
ski holidays
First time I visited Aus I distinctley remember on several occassions when people couldnt understand my accent, being refferred to my face as a Bl**dy pom.
latest report
little tiger, you actually refer, in conversation, to Roma, Milano, Firenze, Venezia....Moskva, etc etc? (That was my question.) I congratulate you on your sensitivity. And your great nation on its well-known sensitivity to all those who come to its shores.
rolling eyes
Wear The Fox Hat, splendid!
latest report
Hurtle, well we did sent our creme de la creme to start the colony wink
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
And your great nation on its well-known sensitivity to all those who come to its shores.

And to its indigenous population Wink
snow report
Elizabeth B, True, but I don't think we can blame the convicts for some of the more recent excesses of Australian immigration policy. (Sorry, entirely off-topic.)
snow report
Gilberts Fridge, yeah and the italians call themselves wogs and the vietnamese will tell you all us roundeyes look the same...

that is aussie humour... try reading "their a weird mob" .... they also have Tv ads centered around the word "bug"

http://youtube.com/v/O-Y3AsZ19Hc

We prefer that behaviour to stabbing folks in the back!
snow conditions
I met rob@rar on the slopes. Is he famous?

(desperately trying to get this thread back on track, and away from the derailment)
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:

And to its indigenous population Wink

I think you are thinking of the British who massacred whole populations of aborigines and drove more still off their native lands....

and I don't think it was just in Australia they behaved that way either
ski holidays
rob@rar,
Quote:

And to its indigenous population

I decided to give that one a miss - I believe that little tiger has mentioned that she is partly of indigenous extraction.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I met rob@rar on the slopes. Is he famous?

(desperately trying to get this thread back on track, and away from the derailment)

I think his cat is more famous at the moment.
snow report
I seem to have a picture of rob@rar wearing just a towel Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy