Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Famous People you've seen on the Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Shane McConky, Seth Morrison and JP auclair...and others I didn't know of.... a few yeards ago in Engelberg. They were filming for Warren Miller's "Higher ground" and the Canadians were doing their own film. Met up witht eh camera crew quite a lot and they told us where they had been... as if you couldn't tell by the crazy lines and helicopters everywhere. I do remember them being quite short...must be there spines compacting with all those huge jumps they do...

Also, saw Sarah Ferguson in a powder blue one piece with a mane of red hair... wouldn't have batted an eyelid had it not been for 6 huge guys following her. Good skier, Fergie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...and i saw Benny Raich, Mario Matt, Bode Miller, Kalle Palender, Ted Ligerty, Thomas Grandi, Alain & Noel Baxter, Giorgio Rocca etc etc in Kitzbuhel

Hahnenkahm weekend, obviously wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I saw Prince Harry in Tignes 2 yrs ago - red-haired bloke messing about with a couple of girls on a blue (sounds about right) but wasn't convinced until someone else said they'd seen him too.

Other than that, not a celeb - I think I must wear special anti-star-glare goggles.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw:

harry truman, doris day, red china, johnnie ray, walter winchell, joe dimaggio, joe mccarthy, richard nixon, marilyn monroe, rosenbergs, sugar ray, panmunjom, Brando, the king and I and the catcher in the rye
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alain Baxter in Tignes this year and the Ski Sunday guys in Tignes last year, though I didn't realise it was them until I saw my SO on Ski Sunday Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
666, have you been starting the fire?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Ross wrote:
Guvnor,
I missed him but Frankie Dettori was in the Krazy Kangaroo (St Anton) last New Year's Eve.

Thats hardly surprising as he's 4 ft 9 in high heels Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What does Glen Plake do when its seriously cold,does he have a Helmet with a slit in it Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Glen Plake in Les Deux ALpes at the MOndial/PSB in 2005.

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about that 360 from a standing start.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eddie Jordan in Zermatt December 2005 in the piste-side bar as you come down from Furi. One of those .... is that? No? Quick google image search on mobile phone moments.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not merely seen Konrad Bartelski, but beaten him in a ski-race!

Mind you, it was a 15k cross-country. I don't think Konrad will mind me saying he is as well-built for uphill skiing as a brick is for swimming.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To many in St Anton,Lech,Aspen,Telluride,Sun Valley to recall.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Verbier - Hello magazine in the Alps. Last season, Hugh Grant and Jemima Khan, Jamie Oliver, Clive Woodward, James Blunt, Damon Hill, Jeremy Guscott and Prince Harry. Also apparently a very famous Dutch comedian (a Dutch friend informed me), and Diana Ross's daughter works behind the bar in Tara's (as was). And they were the ones I recognised
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty wrote:
Met Jean-Pierre Vidal,

runs a hairdressing chain doesn't he?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I've skied with Eddie the Eagle at Tamworth

Speaking of which, maybe we could have a famous where are they now thread. . . Confused
ski holidays
fatbob,
Quote:

just remembered the delightful Ms Kari Traa

how could you forget her!
snow report
I suppose Nicol Stephen MSP, leader of the Scottish Liberal Democrats doesn't count. I shared a table with him in the Ptarmigan restaurant at Cairngorm around February this year. At the time he was Deputy First Minister of the Scottish Parliament, and I was going to ask him about the plight of Scottish Snowsport etc - I didn't as his wife looked really scarey Twisted Evil
snow report
BGA wrote:
Also apparently a very famous Dutch comedian (a Dutch friend informed me)

Is he famous because he's the only Dutch comedian? wink
latest report
Shared a chairlift with Michael Grade a few years back.
snow report
Warren Barton and Robbie Earle (Ex Wimbledon Crazy Gang footballers) Robbie Earle carried my sons skis up the steps at La Rosiere front de neige. I was behind them and didnt let on I was his Dad as I consider children carrying their own skis is god for character building Very Happy
latest report
When I was 15 years old, I worked in a resort in Lappland in Finland. I was an extra help in rush hours in a restaurant. One day I was asked to serve a customer and I went there with the plate and food and so on. When I got to the table, I recognized that the customer was Kere Rosberg, the formula 1 champion from 1982. Heh.. he was sitting there with his pilot sunglasses as it was the style in the early 80's. As a youngster I got a bit nervous and I dropped the food.. Embarassed
snow report
 brian
brian
laundryman, he can't be, the dutch guy we can't get rid of is a right comedian rolling eyes
snow conditions
Oh, I just forgot to mention that I saw Alberto Tomba here in Finland in 90's. Very Happy
ski holidays
Angela Rippon in Whistler when she was filming the holiday program a few of years ago.

She wasn't exactly in disguise - most people in Whistler dress with big jacket, baggy-ish trousers, helmet and goggles. Angela was wearing tight ski pants, a tightly fitted jacket with fur collar and sunnies. rolling eyes

She was sitting on the sun deck of the Roundhouse with a panorama of empty pistes behind her - it was the iciest day known to man so most people had given up early for the day.

I think a few of us might have got into the 'ambient shots'. Did you see us? I was the one in the red jacket! Laughing
snow conditions
CELEBS YOU'D LOVE TO SEE ON THE SLOPES....

taking this in a slightly different direction,

2 Jags Prescott in a red one piece. I'd love that.

Also reckon Barry Manilow would look pretty good, with the tan and a pair of Pilots.
ski holidays
Coming out of the gondola at Klosters I saw Prince William and Kate getting out, with 1 bodyguard. My husband didn't see them. Then, standing at the top of the home run they were right next to me putting their skis on! My husband was in the loo and STILL didn't see them! We tried to catch them up but visibility was awful. They look very good skiers and she manages pull off looking chic in a ski suit Sad

This season I saw Jonathan Edwards (is that right - the triple jumper) in Zermatt.
latest report
Beverley, it doesn't get much bigger than that in Celeb land (talking about Wills and Kate, not JE!)

If there was a prize I think you'd win it.

Does the Queen ski? rolling eyes
snow report
skied with martin bell in Breckenridge (the skier not the newsreader !!) does that count ?? stayed in the same chalet that branson was due to stay in the following week in vail - does that count ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not really me but, a friend of mine saw Casey Stoner, Loris Capirossi, Kimi Raikonnen and Felipe Massa at the Ducatti & Ferrari 'Wroom' ski event at Madonna di Campiglio, Italy in January! Lucky sod!
ski holidays
I've seen Petter Solberg (Subaru Rally driver) driving in a snow rally if that counts Smile
ski holidays
was it on a slopey bit?
snow report
There was a cross country course thingy very near by which us crazy norwegians consider just as good.
latest report
Not skied with, but this fella kept popping in for lunch at the same place as us in Tignes back in March...

snow conditions
Princes William and Harry, at Klosters.
snow report
charlieboy, You their dad, then?
ski holidays
I skied for a day at St Anton with the daughter of the former Governor General of New Zealand, Lord Cobham. I am ashamed to say that I have forgotten her name. But she was a pleasant lady - and I was interested to hear her perspective on New Zealand. In NZ, the Governor General was tantamount to royalty - albeit for a limited term. So I sort of skied with royalty. Well not really. But a pleasant day, nonetheless.
snow report
achilles, do you like "flight of the Conchords" ?
ski holidays
stoatsbrother,
bizarre but interesting.
snow conditions
I used to Rep Geneva airport years ago and everyone else seemed to spot Joan Collins, Roger Moore, Charles Dance, Princess Whoever of Whatever etc etc - only person I ever saw was Wolf off Gladiators - very dissapoiting. Oh, and I once shared a dance floor in Morzine with a very sweaty Andrew Morton (bloke who wrote "Diana, Her True Story"). So thinking about it I've never seen anyone famous on the slopes and am wasting everyone's time. I'll get my coat...
latest report
Looks like george best, do you think he is tinting his hair?

You Raang? wrote:
Not skied with, but this fella kept popping in for lunch at the same place as us in Tignes back in March...

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy