Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Considering buying a new pair of boots, but...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair at the moment that seem to do the job but they make my little toe go numb on my left foot.

I was in an outdoor shop in Dublin recently trying on new boots and had the left boot on for 10-15min and the same thing happened... left little toe goes numb. It was suggested I try a foot bed as this might be more comfortable. I tried it and it was more comfortable.

Now the question is, is it too late to just buy footbeds for my current ski boots or is it too late? I've worn them for 6-7 weeks since 2004. They are Salamon Ellipse 8. Also if I buy these footbeds now and decide to buy new boots later, could I use these footbeds in my new boots? Point being is I'm going to Val Thorens in 3 weeks, considering buying boots there but they'd be more expensive than if I bought the boots in Livigno in March. I thought buying the footbeds now might keep me comfortable in VT and then I could think about it until I head to Livigno in March.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anna_1104,

I think there are footbeds and footbeds.....it might be down to who makes them. The idea is that once you have one that works you keep them until they wear out, so are mostly transferrable. Hopefully. the foot peeps will be along soon to help out here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I tried it and it was more comfortable

Sounds promising.

Or, you may stop by a "real" boot fitter and see what could be done, without involving a huge outlay of money.

Boots last quite a while.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd kinda like a new pair of boots, don't really like the ones I have at the moment, they've only 3 buckles and are a comfort boot rather than a performance boot. I'm an intermediate skier but I'd prefer a better pair of boots I think...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where are the herd of regular "boot peeps"? Wink

Instead of "buying a better pair of boots", consider going to see a professional boot fitter. You can have BOTH comfort and performance in the same boot if you know what needs to be done, since 90% of the feet don't quite fit exactly the same as off-the-shelf boots.

Happy feet = happy skier

BTW, welcome to snowhead! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy