Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Internet equipment preordering.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone do this and has then compared their findings to what would happen had they just walked in off the street?

Friends that we are going with to Alpe d'Huez are keen to book online before we go, whereas I have always just gone in resort starting with the nearest shop.

We had some spam on here from www.snowbrainer.co.uk recently - anyone had any experience with them? I see that you can book through J2Ski as well. Are there any others?

Interesting variance in prices. The silver package including boots (which will probably suit most in our group) comes out at €106.40 from J2Ski and €81.87 with snowbrainer.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, I've always booked online before going as it saves about an extra 25%. The only downside is that is that it may not be the best choice of skis compared to other hire shops. If you know the resort/shops in advance it helps to avoid this.

I've used www.snowrental.net for this on previous ocassions.

This time I won't book in advance (I think) as I may want to demo some skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pokemon, thanks, in terms of costs, they are the cheapest . So for the 6 days, I have...

€81.87 snowbrainer
€106.40 J2ski
€74.38 snowrental
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just prebooked with www.intersport.at for St Anton. The TO we are going with wanted £122 each for premium adult skis and £38 for kids skis and boots.

With 5% early bird discount (1 week in advance) and 5% discount for registering online I've got the adult skis for €138 each and the kids set for free! At today's exchange rate I reckon that's a saving of £70ish.

FYI they do under 10s kit free as long as there's an adult hiring and 10-14 year olds 50% discount with an adult.

I guess these offers are Europe wide with them, not just Austria.

I must admit I do like going into the non-chain type of shops usually but this removes some of the hassle from the first morning of the week and I've been to the shop before which is underneath the Nassereinbahn lift station and is the same shop the TO uses.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have my own skis but my friends don't and they pre booked. It was cheaper and such a breeze. IIRC, the skis and boards were prepped and ready to go and they saved money as well. That was intersport in Val Foux. Smile Smile Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray i remember pre ordering kit over inet from ADH. The chosen shop that was cheapest were c**p. they tried giving saloman street racers with gaping holes in ptex as prestige ski. make sure you're happy with choice of skis and the shop is near where you are staying- ADH sprawls
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro wrote:
Does anyone do this and has then compared their findings to what would happen had they just walked in off the street?

Nobody has really answered this question. I think he means, has anyone walked into a shop and said something like, " I saw on your internet site that you give 10/15 (whatever) % discount? Now, before I look at all the hire shops in the high street, are you willing to give me this now?"

I would imagine that most places would say yes. Wouldn't they?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
maggi, We did do it in Meribel once and got the same price as the internet offer. It wasn't planned but as the hire shop was near the slope and our original one was at the other end of the resort, it saved us a long walk. Only worked as we didn't have to pay the original shop in advance though because they just had an offer on the internet where you had to produce a pre-printed voucher from their website.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pokemon, ah, it did work for you then. Actually, my friend got us a discount in Alpe d'Huez just by asking. But then she is very scary Shocked .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy