Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mottaret

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowHead 's

I'll be staying at the top end of Mottaret in the Hameau area of the village next week. Ski in/ski out I'm told which is great. But can anybody tell me how long it will take me to walk back up to the Hameau from the centre of Mottaret after the chalets link gondola shuts?

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is a tough climb and heart-attack territory for an old codger like me. There are a succession of steel stairways that seem to go on for ever. I have only done it once, and don't intend to do it again. Take the bus or do your drinking in the relatively cheap Hameau bar. It might be quite nice now the smoking ban is on.

Top of Mottaret is superb for ski access. You get get atraight on to the chair that links with the new lift to Val T. Coming home, you take the Arolles lift for a brisk blue before skidding to a halt at your door. Love it!

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Chris Bish I've stayed up in VT before but managed to find a really cheap deal staying in Mottaret, the ski in/ski out side of things with direct access to the piste is of pretty high importnace to me so it would have been rude not to take the Mottaret deal snowHead

I reckon I'll spend quite abit of time in the Hameau bar but was wondering how far the Hameau was from the centre in case I fancied a change of scenery to go with my pint! Also are there a couple of restaurants in the Hameau?

Thanks again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would say for a fit youngster it would be about 20 minutes of climb.

There are at least 3 restaurants up at the top in the Hameau. The only one I have been to is the Crocadile which was fine, but I think the palce was up for sale last year following a domestic tragedy and might not be the same. The Baline Blache has a good reputation. Can say much about any others. There is enough at the Hameau to keep you occupied, not least the 8 to 8 which supplies a special exach night to take back and cook. The lasagne is recommended. The chalets lift stops stupidly early. About 8.30 I think.

Top of Mottaret is a brilliant base for getting to all the best places in 3V. I want to go there now!

snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are 460 steps up from the village to the top! I stayed at the Hotel Tarentaise before Christmas and did the endless climb a couple of times..

It's a hell of a stagger after a night out at some random club in Mottaret and it took about 15-20 minutes as I dimly recall.

Excellent location for skiing in/out though!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Picadilly, Chris Bish, thank you for the information it is much appreciated. I may well tackle the steps on one or two nights, if I do Picadilly, I'm going to count them and check you're right Laughing . We tend to ski first lift untill last lift everyday so we may end up spending all our time in and around the Hameau apres ski wise but it sounds as though it will be a good ski base for us.

Thanks again, only four and a half sleeps to go and I'll be on my way I can't wait Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy