Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swatch Snowpass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of using the Swatch snowpass watches as a lift pass?

Do they work and are they as universally accepted as Swatch make out?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, I have one, the big chunky one with the Altimeter built in, bought it at the end of last years trip after a mate had the same one, and loved it, so much easier than hunting for the pocket that you've left your pass in to rub on the sensor, just lift your arm. Looking forwards to using mine this year.

You get a list in the box with all the resorts that take it, think only the Nevis range in Scotland do, but the list is long and saw it working in Meribel, but most of the major resorts are covered.

The Amtimeter is a bit tempremental and needs calibrated daily, not much of a chore, but for £50 I wouldn't trust it too much, just a bit of fun on the slopes.

Cheers,
Chris
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
glowman, bloody brilliant, we have our season passes on ours, and can still put up to another 3 passes at any one time on there. Practically universal in CH and, I think, Austria. Becoming more widespread in France although last year the woman in the ticket office in Courchevel refused point blank to put our lift passes on, even though they are clearly being read by the SkiData gates. Will put my foot down in La Tania this year Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More useful I should think if you do a fair bit of skiing, but I'm none the less interested in the techology ([anorak]just 'cos I happen to think things like this are quite interesting[/anorak]). I assume this is a gizmo that be programmed by lift pass issuing offices? If so its a good idea I should think - Does this mean that that electronic lift pass technology (which I must admit to never having seen in action) has been adopted in a single unified format across lots of different resorts? If so, then good on the ski industry, its a pity lots of other standards don't have such universal applicability!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, it's worth it even if you only do a week a year. The convenience is unparalleled, and it's a sacrificial cheapo watch that you don't mind if it gets broken
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Plenty of details in here Megamum, http://www.swatch.com/en/snowpass.html
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy