Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Ski Hire Comparison Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Morzine next month and wanted to book my ski hire online before going. These details are from http://www.actionsport-skishop.com/uk/morzine_ski_shop.htm and the main reason I'm using them is that they are pretty close to where I'm staying.

They say the listed prices include a 20% discount for booking online, although you don't pay or give card details until you get there, so I don't know if its genuine or not.

SKIS BRONZE: 46 Euro
Salomon Streetracer. Rossignol Saphir 100.

SKIS SILVER: 60 Euro
Salomon Scrambler 77. Rossignol Saphir. Dynastar 4800.

SKIS GOLD: 74 Euro
Scream limited (Salomon). Dynastar exclusif 8 Fashion.Rossignol scratch. Dynastar 4800.

SKIS TEST: 97 Euro
Rossignol B2 Dynastar 8000. Scott Artec. Mouvement Joystick. Dynastar Contact 11. Rossignol Mutix.

My main question is whether it is worth paying the extra 14 Euro for Silver range or stick with the Bronze and spend the 14 Euro on beer?

I'm mid 40s, 12ish stone, 5'8", not very experienced, strictly on-piste, have never done a black run, am very cautious on steep reds but would like to improve.

If anyone has any experience of the shop itself, comments would be appreciated.

[EDITED: URL corrected as per red 27 below]

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 29-01-08 18:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jeraff, Greetings from the north bank....

We used action sports last year... kit was fine, they all speak good english, are friendly and the shop has a nice cafe upstairs while you have that early morning beer. We booked online and the correct size/spec kit was all there waiting for us when we pitched up on the thursday morning. It's a very popular shop so get there early if you're in resort on Saturday morning...

Sally streetracer is a good ski for intermediate carvers. (well I liked it, and I'm one) so I'd just go for that - and they'll be cool for you to upgrade in action-sports if you feel the need. top up your beer float.... Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27, Cheers. Thats the answer I was really hoping for Very Happy . Arriving Saturday afternoon/evening but hopefully before they close to get all ready for Sunday morning.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi can you give the name of this ski hire again, i keep getting a site in the US ....
Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarz5, http://www.actionsport-skishop.com/uk/morzine_ski_shop.htm
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy