Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Group trip next season - recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a highly successful trip this season for our group of 7 I am starting to think about next year and where to recommend. I also think there could be a couple of extras as well.

Chamonix this year was great, with plenty of nightlife and shops for those less committed to the slopes, while although many of the group are still low intermediates they didn't have any problems with the slopes on offer. And it was brilliant for the better ones in the group.

We are looking for a good mix of intermediate skiing, large area, decent nightlife and restaurants, and good accomodation, preferably apartments, although a chalet could be good. And in an ideal world ski in and out, although that is not essential. Price needs to be competitve, although we aren't after bargain basement, 6 to a room style.

Right then fellow Snow heads, what can you recommend.

BTW, one of the group has a preference for St. Anton, any good?

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl would fit the bill. Good quality accommodation in convenient locations, great snow record, ski area fab in terms of extent and variety of terrain, hopping nightlife, etc. There are a couple of resort reports (including mine) available on the resort thread, plus lots of Isch-enthusiasts here who will no doubt add to my experience.

One drawback is that it is a bit more expensive than most Austrian resorts, although not more than St Anton, and not more than many of the popular French destinations. No chalets either, but lots of apartments.

D
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cubby, I was thinking St Anton before I reached the end of your thread (possibly because I was there in Feb). It has a large ski area, plenty of interesting intermediate and better skiing, and of course plenty of off piste for those who fancy it. The nightlife is plentiful, if unsophisticated. Restaurants similar, but there are plenty of good ones and one or two exceptional ones. We've stayed in a hotel on our recent visits, but there are chalets and apartments galore (we stayed in a chalet in the 'suburb' of Nasserein many years ago, which is a good option to keep costs down, especially now that there is a very good lift connection into the main skiing areas). There isn't much, if any, genuine ski in ski out, but there's plenty of accomodation within a very short walk of the lifts/slopes.

St Anton isn't the cheapest resort in Austria, but Austria seems very good value at the moment to me, so it's still pretty good value.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any other suggestions anyone??

There is also a chance of a direct flight to Geneva from our local airport so does this throw up any suggestions??
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cubby, Les Gets may be a good option, especially as you could make use of that rare creature - the direct flight from the Isle of Man wink Transfer is then about an hour. Despite not being very high, it has a good snow record - shadow of Mont Blanc, pasture pistes, pine trees all help. Good ski area of it's own, links to the Portes du Soleil and it's huge ski area, good variety of accommodation, shops, restaurants. It's not a wild party town, but there's some lively bars and at least one nightclub and Morzine if about ten minutes in a taxi if you want more than that. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy