Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new years 2008/9 holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are recently back from a slushy week in saalbach and although it was excellent, I have promised the g/f we will go somewhere with the prospect of decent snow next year. With that in mind im trying to sort a trip and thought a new year holdiday would be a great idea. I want to go High and have loads of mileage. Not bothered about architecture as we have done that in Austria for last few years. Dont get me wrong I love going to Austria, but just this once I want high altitude and high mileage and ski in ski out.

I have thought about val thorens and have found a nice little apartment on the slopes. Im not too keen on paying our little french cousins extotionate bar prices for my beer, as I like a few in the afternoon and evening and have got use to 2.5 to 5 euros a pint in Austria, but I suppose I may have to dig a bit deeper! What are bar prices like in val thorens both on and off the mountain?

I have been trying to book either ferry eurotunnel or may even get the overnight eurostar but none of these seem to be bookable at the momment. Any ideas as to when these may become bookable and approx costs for new year period?

Also I may consider a chalet but dont want to book one that has a group of people that already know each other, as would feel like a gatecrasher.

Any other resorts to recommend? as nothing booked yet

What will snow usually be like at that time of year?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
daveqpr, I was also looking at Eurotunnel, then I discovered £107.50 flights from Gatwick to Grenoble with BA which includes all taxes etc and also ski carriage departing 27/12/08 return 03/01/09.

These are cheap and with the money you save you will be able to afford €7 a pint in VT NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daveqpr, Tignes/Val Claret is also a possibility - high and access to lots of slopes, potentially. Impossible to say what the snow will be like "at that time of year" until you get there, no where can guarantee good snow, at any time of the year. Sadly, else we'd all be there Smile New Year will be a lot colder than March though - is your g/f up for that?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy