Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top Tips for Doing A Season In Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
If you are thinking of doing a season in Whistler have a look at this insider's guide on what to do and what not to do!

http://www.nonstopcanada.com/insiders-guide/a-season-in-whistler/

Let us know what you think
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're thinking about lunch, why not try this excellent product:

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excuse me, I forgot to welcome you to snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I could say the same to you with your www.skiextra.co.uk - lovely luxary chalets!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tom wrote:
I could say the same to you with your www.skiextra.co.uk - lovely luxary chalets!

Except he didn't make a post specifically to advertise his site?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tom,

Parlor is a respected long term contributor and provider of stoke and doesn't shill his chalet.

I used to give Non Stop the benefit of the doubt as the punters I met in Fernie seemed to like you enough and there was no doubt you had access to some of the top trainers at the ski school but coming here and spamming under both your log-ins is a way to lose goodwill rapidly. Well done.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some good info there Tom.

What is the steepest run in N America?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I forgot to reply to this thread. The reason I called Tom out as SPAM was he posted the same thing on TGR and Dark Summer in the same morning. I think it was less selling spam and more of a google enhancing tactic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor, Yeah I suspected as much but still checked out the link so the joke's on me. To be fair the page had some useful info for the Whistler neophyte that could be helpful to those who don't want the NS treatment but I've got to question these dubious search engine boosting tictacs- is their business looking a bit low on bookings this year having stretched the no of places they run course ? wink

Under his other log-in pretty much everything has been a direct plug - presumably that was banned so he's now back under another.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some interesting debate going on here!

The intention was not to spam, but to provide some genuinely interesting information on doing a season in Whistler. The post was written by a friend of ours who has spent two seasons in Whistler and said that he would provide a guide for anyone going out there. We thought it would be helpful to anyone going out.

If you think this is plugging our courses then I respect your opinion, since there is no mention of our courses on the post I am not sure I totally agree.

Anyway, till the next post

Tom
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And what is the steepest run in N America please Tom?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Pow wrote:
And what is the steepest run in N America please Tom?

Am I right in thinking you might have a contender not unadjacent to somewhere you have lived beginning with A?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you mean A-Basin, then no.

I thought the steepest in-bounds 'runs' in N America were at Crested Butte in Colorado.

Interested to hear if I'm right or wrong. Most probably the latter.

Or did you mean Alta?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought there were some steep chutes at A basin that technically made the lift map? I guess the point is that the originally claim is a bit absurd even if WB promote Couloir Extreme (formerly Saudan) as such. Everywhere of any sunstance in the US/Canada has inbounds cliffs and "runs" which are skied with mandatory airs so 90 deg can't really be topped wink

But then Tom knows all this so isn't joining the debate.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Unless you pull a backflip to start Wink
ski holidays
There's a couple of other dodgy claims in there . . .

With the ever increasing unpredictability of European snowfall accumulation it seems where the Tarentaise region is losing, the Coastal Range (the range of mountains Whistler lies in, contrary to popular belief it is not in the Rockies or even the Cascades) is winning!

Only a couple of years ago Whistler had a disaster of a season.

Canada is famous for its champagne powder and there are few places where this is more evident than Whistler itself.

Whistler is famous for it's variable conditions (including lots of powder for the last couple of seasons) but it also frequently rains at lower levels and the slush run back to base.

And I'm a fan of Whistler !
ski holidays
Hey all,

Just a quick addition to this.

I've recently setup a free wiki about doing a season in whistler - I making no money from this I just think there is a need for a hype free website for posting information about whistler.

At the moment no logins are required - so please post anything useful information you have about Whistler - good , bad and ugly!

http://seasoninwhistler.wetpaint.com/

Baz
latest report
Never been so can't comment.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy