Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIY Andorra hotel internet booking systems

Poster: A snowHead
Am interested in doing a 7 day Sat to Sun DIY stay in El Tarter (Easyjet flights to Barcelona sound more fun than package hell to Toulouse) in 2nd week of Feb (Hotel del Clos). Going via the grandvalira website there seems to be superb availability for a slightly non-standard week but by tripadvisor/other internet hotel booking systems there seems to be none....are certain rooms more available under certain systems? Anybody found there own preferred sites for internet booking?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try laterooms.com
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, ended up managing to book with the Destinia system. Hopefully there are no bugs and the hotel will receive the reservation and accept me for the 8 day stay- I have printed out a voucher to present to the desk- may give the hotel a call in a few weeks to make sure all is well- one wonders how good the communication system is between the booking sites and hotel reception.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr. Will, I've used venere.com , laterooms.com booking.com , logis-de-france.fr and all have been fine. I usually drop the hotel an email after booking anyway, just to confirm that is is ok to bring our dog.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr. Will, be careful.

I priced this journey to Soldeu a few years back and it was way cheaper with a TO. Ask Del Clos for a price direct - thats likely to be the cheaper option. Also, you can bus it direct to Andorra La Vella from Barcelona then just taxi it up the hill to El Tarter.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe:
Thanks for your concern- bit too late now though Wink I personally feel I have a pretty good deal though, got easyjet flights from Bristol to Barcelona for just under £100, eight nights half board costs me just less than £400 and transfers by novatel you can pre-book as well for bus right up to El Tarter. The overall price for this 8 night stay is less that a 7 night stay with a Crystal Ski Package- am much happier with travelling up on the Sat arriving just in time for dinner and a Sunday day skiing than transferring on the Sunday and not arriving at the resort till say 3 pm+ The problem with TOs is that you seem to be more limited to 7 nights.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booking now confirmed by e-mail from the booking site I used, however the hotel del Clos isn't open till the beginning of December- I wonder whether they have some staff sorting out reservations before then otherwise they could have a lot of potential double bookings on the doormat!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr. Will, Hmmm. No, I'm sure you'll be fine. No-one else will want to go skiing in February. It's not like it's the French/Spanish school holidays or anything like that.

I would want to speak to someone in management. No French hotel that I know will book you Sat-Sun at that time of year....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr. Will, Pity I didn't see this post earlier, as I was up in Soldeu on Monday and could have looked in. The Soldeu and Canillo gondolas are both in use ferrying large numbers of mountain bikers and walkers up. The Novatel bus provides a good service from the airport, I hope they run you right to the door as the Hotel del Clos is a bit up the hill from the main road. Have fun.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch wrote:
Dr. Will, Hmmm. No, I'm sure you'll be fine. No-one else will want to go skiing in February. It's not like it's the French/Spanish school holidays or anything like that.

I would want to speak to someone in management. No French hotel that I know will book you Sat-Sun at that time of year....

Fair point...have rung the generic Nordic Group (own del Clos and Hotel Nordic) and they haven't received info from Destinia yet though I only booked yesterday. They seem to trust the website though. However seemed a bit unsure about the 8 days (though most transfers are Sun to Sun so the extra Sat is virtually off peak) Will call them again in a week and see what the situation is. So I wonder now if I was being too hasty.....may have to build an igloo on Sat night!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr. Will, we're doing something very similar for half term week (Feb 15 - 22). Flying Ryan Air from Bournemouth to Girona, taxi transfer and a week at Hotel del Clos. It's our first trip to Andorra after previous family holiday's in Bulgaria and Switzerland so any advice/tips gratefully received. I hope to see you online while you're out there to provide all the latest news on conditions, best runs etc!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am out there with the lads beginning of jan for 5 days we usually get cars can you let me have the transfer website.

cheers
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No advice needed Alan except to look at car rental as an alternative to a taxi from Girona. You will love Andorra.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alan G, What price have you been quoted for the taxi? There are reasonable car hire rates on the net, plus you will have more flexability to move around and visit. BTW the Hotel Clos is approx 500 metres from the lift, but there are also ski lockers at the lift at about €60 for the week, a car would cut this cost out (parking is free or it has been).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dypcdiver, when will you be there this season
latest report
JasonW, Probably this Sunday 30th for a few days Toofy Grin , then back if the snow is good a week before Xmas leaving 27th Dec. and not returning until after the 6th Jan when the Spanish hoards have gone back to work. I might stay until the first week of Feb. Then I won't be back until mid March I'm heading to the Alpes. Got a week of touring booked from 3rd week in April so will leave mid April, hopefully back after that until it closes early May. All snow dependent of course rolling eyes I think I PM' ed you my phone number last year, let me know if you need it again.
snow report
pm it me again pal did you get mty message at weekend. I am there in jan and prob every teatime in the villager pub for plenty of beers Laughing Laughing
latest report
A quick scan of the internet and I see what you mean about car hire - looks much cheaper. Having said that, I'm not sure I fancy the hassle of a 3 hour drive at the start and end of the holiday, especially with a relatively late flight into Girona.

I expect I will end up paying the premium for a taxi - Giro Transfer, Andorra Taxi and Shuttle Direct all seem to quote around the £400 return mark for a 4 person transfer. Has anyone had any experience with any of these?
latest report
we drove last year to andorra from Girona and we landed late at night its not that bad of a drive(if you have a map Shocked ) we didn't and got lost several times, but it all added to the laughs of the hol. You just need to plan your route before you fly.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy