Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Base for 2 weeks

Poster: A snowHead
Hola

Im thinking of taking the car and going boarding for 2 weeks. Inital idea was to grab an apartment in Bourg St Maurice and ride Val, Tignes, St Foy, Les Arcs, La Plagne, La Ros as and when we feel like it. But before I jump in and book anything ( suitable apartment suggestions welcome!) I wondered if theres anywhere else that could offer that kind of variety from a central base?

Doesnt have to be France, we'll be flying into an airport and hiring a car so can go anywhere.

Any suggestions welcome!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nadenoodlee, hola.

Serre Chevalier. Based in Briancon you can access Montgenvre and the rest of the Milky Way, as well as the whole of Serre Che. Puy St Vincent, Bardonecchia, Risoul/Vars are all less than an hour away. Alpe d'Huez and Les Deux-Alpes are across the Col du Lauteret. Most are included on the lift pass apart from Risoul and Bardonecchia. And there's La Grave if you are brave.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Salzburg
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Le Chable ?
Very easy access to Verbier.
Bruson / Super St Bernard / Leysin / Glacier 3000 / Porte De Soleil / Chamonix / Arolla / Crans Montana / Anzere all within easy striking distance.
Plus a whole host of other little gems dotted around Valais...

http://www.bergfex.com/wallis/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sella Ronda. 1200km piste.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Salt Lake City Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I spent 2 weeks in

2005 (French Tarentaise Valley with 1600km piste) staying 2 weeks in Bourg St Maurice
3 Valless of Val Thoren/Meribel/Courchevel
La Rosiere/La Thuile
Valmorel
Paradiski of Les Arcs/La Plagne
Escape Killy of Tignes/Val D'Isere

2006 Germany/Austria/Italy staying in Garmisch Partenkirchen, St Anton and Selva
Garmisch Partenkirchen
Lech/Zurs
St Anton
Sellaronda (Selva, Corvara, Arraba, Canazei) in Dolomites
Ortisei/Alps du Sisui

2007 (Switzerland/Italy/France) staying in Sion, Cervinia, Briancon and Bourg D Osian
Crans Montana
Verbier
Cervinia-Zermatt (Italian link with Switzerland)
French side Milky Way Montgenvre
Italian side Milky Way Cesana Sansicario-Sestriere
Serre Chevalier
L'Aple d'Heuz
Les Deux Alps

2008 (Austria) One week in Mayrhofen and another week in Ischgl
Fugen/Spieljoch (Zillertal Valley)
Hochzellertal - Kaltenbach (Zillertal Valley)
Mayrhofen - Penken/Horberg/Rastkogel/Eggalm (Zillertal Valley)
Ahorn (Zillertal Valley)
Hinterlux (Zillertal Valley)
Zellertal arena -Zell/ Gerlos/Konigslieten/Krimml (Zillertal Valley)
Gerlossteinwand
Ischgl & Samnaun (Silvretta Valley)
Kappl (Silvretta Valley)
Galtur (Silvretta Valley)
See (Silvretta Valley)
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis

Ski is the limit if you drive to the slopes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee, I thought you were going to Brazil and South America?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, you are getting the bug allready!! Laughing wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Le Chable ?
Very easy access to Verbier.
Bruson / Super St Bernard / Leysin / Glacier 3000 / Porte De Soleil / Chamonix / Arolla / Crans Montana / Anzere all within easy striking distance.
Plus a whole host of other little gems dotted around Valais...

http://www.bergfex.com/wallis/

Great idea, I've often thought about doing that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd echo Le Chable plus Bourg d'Oisans - Alpe d'Huez, Les Deux Alpes and La Grave all within very easy striking distance plus lots of others a little further away
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chamonix perhaps? All of its areas plus easy access to Flaine, Megève and smaller areas like Les Contamines.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or Aviemore... NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are more skiing resorts than one can tackle in two weeks stay in Chamonix.

The Chamonix Valley is good for a week just visiting each unlinked resorts above the 1000m level.

Megeve/St Gervais area of Domain Evasion is the nearest area from Chamonix

Le Contamines is a hidden gem and has the entrance near St Gervais.

Over the Mont Blanc Tunnel there is the Italian Courmayeur, further up the Aosta Valley one can ski Breuil Cervinia and access to Zermatt.

Going over the Col De Forclaz is the Swiss side of Vebier and Cran Montana.

Coming down from Chamonix to the Valley floor one can have Grand Massif of Flaine/Sameon/Morillon/Le Carroz

Same distance to Flaine one can hit the French side of the Porte Du Soleil of Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz (The Swiss side is accessile by the links or simply via Col De Forclaz to Champey base station near Monthey)

There is also Grand Bonard and La Clusaz slightly further distance from Flaine but on the opposite side of the valley floor.

To enjoy the area, with French, Italian and Swiss resorts, one needs 4 weeks minimum.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970, in April. Still going boarding!!
latest report
Thank you everyone - my first ever ski trip was to Serre Che, so Briancon sounds worth an investigation!

Cheers

S
snow report
Here is the distance record I kept when I stayed in Briancon and then to Bourg D'Oisan

From to distance
Briancon Sauze d Oulx 22
Briancon Sestriere 22
Briancon Cesana 16
Briancon Claviere 11
Briancon Montgenvre 7.3
Briancon Puy St Vincent 16
Briancon Serre Chevalier 4
Briancon La Grave 27
Briancon Bourg d' Oisan 44

Le Bourg d' Oisan Les Deux Alps 12
Le Bourg d' Oisan L'Alpes D'Huez 9

The above may come in handy if you intend to try out Serre Chevalier and the Milky Way.
latest report
Has anyone suggested the Ski Amade area? 650km of piste all on one pass. I have only stayed at Schladming, but there are dozens of resorts (larger and smaller) on that system very reachable by car.
snow report
Nadenoodlee, If you're not after discos, you could stay in La Grave (nice bars, but more blues and jazz than house and hip hop) and then you could ski the Serre Chevalier side and the LDA/ADH side with equal ease + of course you'd be right there for the best off piste area. There are also lots of other resorts on our side such as Puy St Vincent, Alpe du Grand Serre, Chamrousse, and a bit nearer to Grenoble is Les 7 Laux. Some emotive places in this bunch for the real thing. The 'extras' are not small tin pot resorts either. Very Happy
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, I agree with those that reccomend Briancon.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee,

My vote for what you want would be BSM... though I can see merit with most of the suggestions.
snow conditions
How about Chur?

20 minutes to Flims/Laax/Falera
20-30 minutes to Arosa
20-30? minutes to Lenzerheide
30 minutes to Flumserberg
40 minutes to Obersaxen
40? minutes to Sagogn
1 hour? to Klosters
1 hr 15? to Davos
About the same to St Anton, less to Montafon

Plus I dare say quite a few others that don't immediately come to mind
latest report