Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts from Zurich by train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone any ideas for December or April that are fairly snow sure with easy access from Zurich by train
This is just a thought for an extra week on the slopes provided snow and dosh are available
Not skiied in any Swiss resorts before
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield, I'm flying into Zurich at half term and then taking the train to Zermatt, about 4 hours I think. Not done it before but have used Swiss rail and it is like the proverbial clockwork. Zermatt should be safe enough, huge glacier and there was loads of snow last January when I was there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Garfield,

Engelberg or Andermatt but both are required tastes. Flims/Laax are more mainstream. All within 2 hrs, I'd say.
Wengen/Junfrau are also around that time
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the ideas folks
We have used Swiss railways last summer and as Colin B, says they were spot on
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I seem to remember Klosters as a couple of hours from Zurich changing at Landquart; great run to the centre of the village.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Reliable trains but can be hard to find a seat on Saturdays, so might be worth buying first class tickets.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
St Anton, Lech, Zurs, Stuben - all easy 2.5 hour trips from Zurich.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go to j2ski.com and look at their Airports section.

Then go to sbb.ch and check the train times / fares.

Davos, Klosters, St Moritz, Wengen, St Anton, Lech. There are many nearby.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ulmerhutte,agree. Any of these would work
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Book your seats (1st or 2nd class). It's 5 CHF per person, so it doesn't matter too much if it's busy, though finding a place to park your ski gear might be a bit an issue. Consider getting a Swiss Transfer Ticket as it covers the return journey from your point of entrance (the border or an airport) to and from your destination and it is fantasic value: http://traintickets.myswitzerland.com/us/rail/passes/swiss_transfer_ticket.htm

In general, Swiss trains are on time and comfortable. For an accurate timetable see the SBB website (this link is in english): http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm

For a ski resort map of Switzerland, check this site (also in english): http://www.bergfex.com/schweiz/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy